+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

negative refugee hearing

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, please tell us how you know that the approval rates for H&Cs are low and then support it with some evidence. Otherwise, please stop saying that the approval rates are low when you have absolutely no idea what the approval rate may actually be. Would this be something that you could do?
They are actually quite low because people have often been refused once or are looking for special treatment based on circumstance.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Im stateless where they will deport me??
Where were you born? That's the likely destination. Being actually stateless isn't so easy since the UN agreement to prevent statelessness - did you renounce your citizenship or was citizenship something that you never held?

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
They are actually quite low because people have often been refused once or are looking for special treatment based on circumstance.
Okay, we have established that you don't know what the approval rates are and that you are simply guessing - hopefully people won't be dissuaded from applying based upon your unsupported remarks. Please either show some statistics or try and share your guesswork less broadly - you could cause someone to be misled.

Reactions: captains

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Okay, we have established that you don't know what the approval rates are and that you are simply guessing - hopefully people won't be dissuaded from applying based upon your unsupported remarks. Please either show some statistics or try and share your guesswork less broadly - you could cause someone to be misled.
Actually, we do have statistics on the approval rates. http://www.cic.gc.ca/opendata-donneesouvertes/data/IRCC_overview_0001_E.xls

See line 43.

Line of Business "Intake
(in persons)" "Output
(Approved, Refused & Withdrawn)
(in persons)" "Approval Rate
Approved / (Approved + Refused)" "Inventory
(in persons)" "Processing Time (PR in months, TR in Days)
Last 12 months ending on ¹ ² ³"

Humanitarian & Compassionate Cases 3,811 3,246 3,790 4,283 13% 68% 58% 11,301 13,071 16% 39 30 -23%

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Hello, please tell us how you know that the approval rates for H&Cs are low and then support it with some evidence. Otherwise, please stop saying that the approval rates are low when you have absolutely no idea what the approval rate may actually be. Would this be something that you could do?

Some many other members have say that in the past, you really need to have a strong case base that it's not good for you to go back home one of them is children who came to Canada young or Canadian born, say if you are sick or your child is sick they do not have the proper health care I home country, so many factors and depends on the members of the irb board if they see through your story where there is holes and if your telling the truth plus there is many factors to it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Actually, we do have statistics on the approval rates. http://www.cic.gc.ca/opendata-donneesouvertes/data/IRCC_overview_0001_E.xls

See line 43.

Line of Business "Intake
(in persons)" "Output

Humanitarian & Compassionate Cases 3,811 3,246 3,790 4,283 13% 68% 58% 11,301 13,071 16% 39 30 -23%
Higher than previous years and definitely variable based on cases during the half year.

RAM88

Oct 14, 2018
You can remain in limbo in Canada as a stateless individual. Although there is the best interest of the child rule, arriving while pregnant in Canada can be viewed as intentionally trying to have a Canadian child for your benefit. I assume you are Palestinian. How did you get a TRV if you were stateless and had so many family members in Canada?
I crossed US borders

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018

See line 43.

Line of Business "Intake
(in persons)" "Output

Thanks for posting this site - much appreciated - line 43 has 3790 approved and 4283 refused and you can scrub withdrawals. Not exactly low approval rates but understandable when considering how long the applicants can remain in Canada to get to this point.

RAM88

Oct 14, 2018

See line 43.

Line of Business "Intake
(in persons)" "Output

Thanks for ur reply

denis-bb

Nov 6, 2018
Hello, please I need advise. My refuge claim was recently refuse after a year, i have file an appeal already. I have two kids ,3yrs and 6 yrs , my wife is undergoing a medical treatment in which the treatment and drug are not readily available else where . I am just been pro active. Can i apply for H&C concurrently with the appeal going on. I read that exception for family with kid do not need to wait for 1 year. I also read a clause that say that
You may not apply for H&C consideration if you:
  • have an outstanding refugee claim
What other option is available for us.
I need your advise. Thanks

denis-bb

Nov 6, 2018
Hello,

Please I need advice, I am refugee claimant with two kids and my wife, we came through us boarder to Canada. My refuge claim was recently refused, I immediately file an appeal already, the process is ongoing.

My wife is currently undergoing medical treatment of which the medical treatment and drug are not readily available elsewhere. I read that I can apply for H&C without having to wait for a year because we met the exception condition.

Can I apply for H&C concurrently with the ongoing appeal? I also read on immigration website a clause that says: You may not apply for H&C consideration if you have an outstanding refugee claim.

The above clause gets me confused.

I am just being proactive, is there any other means available for us. Please I need advice.

A friend told me to relocate to New Brunswick that there is a provicial programme that once i get a permanent job , i can use that to apply for PR, however, i don't know if the refuge appeal will have anything to affect the programme.

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

Please I need advice, I am refugee claimant with two kids and my wife, we came through us boarder to Canada. My refuge claim was recently refused, I immediately file an appeal already, the process is ongoing.

My wife is currently undergoing medical treatment of which the medical treatment and drug are not readily available elsewhere. I read that I can apply for H&C without having to wait for a year because we met the exception condition.

Can I apply for H&C concurrently with the ongoing appeal? I also read on immigration website a clause that says: You may not apply for H&C consideration if you have an outstanding refugee claim.

I am just being proactive, is there any other means available for us. Please I need advice.

A friend told me to relocate to New Brunswick that there is a provicial programme that once i get a permanent job , i can use that to apply for PR, however, i don't know if the refuge appeal will have anything to affect the programme.

Thank you.
Correct - you cannot apply for H&C while you have an ongoing appeal for your refugee claim.

You cannot apply for PR under the provincial program or any other economic immigration stream. You must have valid status in Canada to apply for PR under one of these streams. As refugees, you are not considered to have the valid status required to apply. You would need to leave Canada to be able to apply for PR under the provincial program or under Express Entry.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Thank you.
Don't know if you were living in the US or just passing through but Canada isn't usually known for having medical treatment and mediation that is not available elsewhere. Advanced medical procedures are usually available in the US first. I'd just make sure that it is the case.

denis-bb

Nov 6, 2018
Don't know if you were living in the US or just passing through but Canada isn't usually known for having medical treatment and mediation that is not available elsewhere. Advanced medical procedures are usually available in the US first. I'd just make sure that it is the case.
Thanks for your response, we were not living in the USA, we just passed though the state.