+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Neee Help! Regarding my Name.

Vihang2580

Jul 4, 2020
Hello guys, On my passport my name is written as Vijay Mukeshbhai Patel but on my academic documents my name is written as Patel Vijay Mukeshbhai. So my question is will this difference in name create any problems for my study visa application?
Family name/surname - Patel
My name - Vijay
My father's name - Mukeshbhai

Kindly help me.

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
Hello guys, On my passport my name is written as Vijay Mukeshbhai Patel but on my academic documents my name is written as Patel Vijay Mukeshbhai. So my question is will this difference in name create any problems for my study visa application?
My name - Vijay

Kindly help me.
No it won't.

I don't know if this is the naming scheme of academic documents of entire India, but it's as you mentioned in my university and thousands of students have went for US and Canadian studies with such a naming scheme.

Your documents are reviewed manually by a VISA officer. He / she is smart enough to notice what is what.

Reactions: Vihang2580

Vihang2580

Jul 4, 2020
No it won't.

I don't know if this is the naming scheme of academic documents of entire India, but it's as you mentioned in my university and thousands of students have went for US and Canadian studies with such a naming scheme.

Your documents are reviewed manually by a VISA officer. He / she is smart enough to notice what is what.
okay, that's great thanks for your reply.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
My name - Vijay

Kindly help me.
You would need affidavit of one and the same person. Something like this - https://legaldesk.com/form/forms/affidavitforoneandthesameperson

Also, do answer the question as "yes" in the application form where it asks you, if you were known as different name than what is there on your passport. Just below it will have an option to write what different name you have apart from passport, just mention it there and you should be good to go.

I would also mention the same in SOP.

Reactions: Wh1teH0rsE

Vihang2580

Jul 4, 2020
You would need affidavit of one and the same person. Something like this - https://legaldesk.com/form/forms/affidavitforoneandthesameperson

Also, do answer the question as "yes" in the application form where it asks you, if you were known as different name than what is there on your passport. Just below it will have an option to write what different name you have apart from passport, just mention it there and you should be good to go.

Ohh crap! I just applied for my study visa yesterday, Now I am scared as hell, Will they reject my application now? what should I do now?

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
No need to panic send them a affidavit of double name through webform and explain ur problem in the explanation box... okay don't worry

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
Ohh crap! I just applied for my study visa yesterday, Now I am scared as hell, Will they reject my application now? what should I do now?
Buddy you will be fine, as long as you wrote them an explanation letter if you did not just send it now through webform. I have seen couple other cases like yours and they were just approved fine.

Good luck

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020

No need to panic send them a affidavit of double name through webform and explain ur problem in the explanation box... okay don't worry
Buddy you will be fine, as long as you wrote them an explanation letter if you did not just send it now through webform. I have seen couple other cases like yours and they were just approved fine.

Good luck
Relax mate, I don't think it's a defining eligibility criteria of study permit. Though you would want to make things easy to understand to the visa officer. You can still supply it via the webform.

Ummmm.... guys I think this is an unnecessary panic.

His name is not different, just the order is different. Instead of 1 2 3, it's 3 1 2. It won't be an issue as this is the naming scheme across almost all the documents in India, especially academic ones.