+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEEDS TO FIND BEST POSSIBLE WAY TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR PR BEFORE GRADUATION

Abl

Mar 4, 2014
Duration I lived in Canada :- 2.5 years.
I Hold:- A temporary study permit, a temporary work permit(allowed to work only 20 hrs/week to a Max.)

Completed education :- Secondary education -High school from India(12th grade) passed with overall (92% A+)
Post Secondary Education :- Completed 1 year of a 4 year Engineering Program at Carleton University, Ontario, Ottawa., I'm going in a very slow pace((part time) and not even sure if I can complete it considering the given circumstances.

Need :- What to get Permanent residency(PR).

Reason :- Financial Crisis due to increasing international tuition fees, and other related expenses. II love this country and people here. Also having a PR cuts my expenses into half of what I'm spending now.

Relatives in Canada :- I have my Uncle working in Alberta, he have PR. He's single. I came to know Family sponsorship won't work for my situation.

Skills :- I know little bit of everything. Intermediate skill in computer programming(not too good), I know photoshop(beginner), I know 3D modelling and printing(beginner), I know to manage people etc.. I cannot specifically point out what I'm too good at, at this time, as I said I know little bit of everything (I'm giving least expectations). I got lot of volunteering experience for technical projects from my university.( I do mean hundreds of hrs)

Work Experience :- 2 Months in walmart(as Cashier), 4 Months in Wendys as crew member(ongoing).

Willingness :- Willing to do any work. I can take a year off from studies if needed to (but should worth it for PR)

Preference:- Willing to work anywhere in Canada, I mean any province (but should worth it for PR)

[size=10pt]My Question :[/size]

Have I got any chances for PR?? :-X Please Help.. So desperate for getting this.

Is there any program I'm already eligible for? OR is there some program/category where I'll be easily get eligible to apply for(putting a little more work?

What are the best provincial programs I can apply into??

( I don't mind how bad the province is, only reqirement is it should have some category or program where I would fit in for a PR in the least possible time, My preference is Ontario as I live there.)

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there any program I'm already eligible for? OR is there some program/category where I'll be easily get eligible to apply for(putting a little more work?
Move to a 2yr program (diploma, not a post-graduate) , chose the closest to your current program for transferring as much courses as possible from an "old" program to a new one. Then apply for PGWP, find a job and then apply through CEC or PNP (whatever will be available at that time)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Find an employer who is willing to give you a full time job and who can obtain an approved Labour Market Opinion. Once you have the job offer and approved LMO, apply for a closed work permit. Make sure it's the kind of job that can lead to applying for PR (so preferably a skilled job) either through the Canadian Experience Class program or one of the Provincial Nominee Programs.

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
You're going to run into problems at the end of what I assume is a 4 year study permit.

Given that 2.5 years are over and you've completed 1 year of a program, how do you plan to get an extension?

The sad truth is short of a LMO from an employer, you have no options of getting PR without graduating. Also, you wont be able to get a LMO given your current skills.

Might I suggest, you switch to a college and finish a 1~2 year program there and try for PR after graduating.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
Hi

As pointed out here, there are ways for students to apply for PR AFTER graduation and gaining work experience.

Right now, you should be worried about keeping your study permit. SP require full time study. You have obviously indicated that you are not studying full time. This is a violation of your SP and can result in you being deported from Canada. At the end of your four year study permit, CIC is not going to want to extend it because you have not completed half your course. With the upcoming changes, your university will be required to report you to CIC if you are not enrolled full time or drop out of school.