+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need your ideas and opinons

clover123

Sep 19, 2011
Hi Everybody! I'm new here. I am very much happy to finally found a website like this one. I would like to share with you my dillema right now. I am confused between edmonton and ottawa. My priority is finding a place wherein i can practice as medical labarotary assistant and nursing assistant for my husband. Though we are a registered medtech and nurse here in the philippines but i believed it a regulated profession in canada. So for a start being an assistant is fine with us. We also have a 1yr old daughter. Any inputs is much appreciated.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clover123 said:
Hi Everybody! I'm new here. I am very much happy to finally found a website like this one. I would like to share with you my dillema right now. I am confused between edmonton and ottawa. My priority is finding a place wherein i can practice as medical labarotary assistant and nursing assistant for my husband. Though we are a registered medtech and nurse here in the philippines but i believed it a regulated profession in canada. So for a start being an assistant is fine with us. We also have a 1yr old daughter. Any inputs is much appreciated.
Lab Med Tech and nursing assistant jobs are abundant in both the places of your choice as there are reputed Universities and Hospitals in Edmonton and Toronto. But % wise Toronto will have more opportunities and you also have to consider the weather...Winter is REALLY HARSH in Edmonton. Last year ppl survived (after a while you get acclimatised) a -50C temp with wind chill.

I mentioned the weather as you have a small baby and will have to keep her in daycare while you work....I feel it will be a stress for her initially that is if you land in the peak of winter here in Edmonton . She will have to be bundled up all the time, most babies detest that. :(

Mitali

clover123

Sep 19, 2011
I'm just curious, can i work in ottawa as lab technician right away if there's vacancy? What is this they called canadian experience? I'am a B.S. MEdical technologist here in the Philippines. I'm working in a research laboratory for almost 10 years now.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clover123 said:
I'm just curious, can i work in ottawa as lab technician right away if there's vacancy? What is this they called canadian experience? I'am a B.S. MEdical technologist here in the Philippines. I'm working in a research laboratory for almost 10 years now.
After you get your PR, you are free to work anywhere if there's a vacancy. You just have to sell yourself with your skills, motivation and drive....as you would do to get a job....put your best foot forward. Canadian employers are also humans and can differentiate between REAL and FAKE. They would offer you job if they find you are genuine and motivated enough to challenge yourself for perfection. There is factor of LUCK involved too...it is everywhere...is it not?

Yes, Canadian employers do seek and insist on Canadian experience but if you are good and can convince them then you get into your job of your skills. People sometimes have to do jobs that are not their profession to get this Canadian experience. If you have to then you have to do jobs that are menial ...no choice. Come with open heart and embrace whatever you get initially and then walk your way up the ladder in your profession... I am sure you will be successful.

Mitali