+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need your help!

Olivia963

Dec 10, 2019
Hello there, I am looking for a lawyer. It's been 6 years since we got married. We have no children. So we have decided to adopt a baby. We are living at Hamilton. But we aren't a Canadian citizen. Will it affect adoption? We aren't aware of formalities of adoption so we would like to hire a lawyer? Do you have any suggestions? While browsing, I found this lawyer called Stephen Durbin and Associates. Does anybody know them?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello there, I am looking for a lawyer. It's been 6 years since we got married. We have no children. So we have decided to adopt a baby. We are living at Hamilton. But we aren't a Canadian citizen. Will it affect adoption? We aren't aware of formalities of adoption so we would like to hire a lawyer? Do you have any suggestions? While browsing, I found this lawyer called Stephen Durbin and Associates. Does anybody know them?
Vast majority of people on this forum have handled the application process on their own (without a lawyer). Sometimes hard to get lawyer referrals here for that reason.

Difficult to answer your question on adoption without a lot more information such as whether the child is an orphan, if they are related to you in any way, what country they are from, etc. This is assuming that you are adopting a child from outside of Canada.

We don't see very many adoptions here.