+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need your advice. Help if you can,rare situation.

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Hi All,

There is very rare situation. So i got visitor visa and I will travel to Canada in August.
My family (wife and daughter ) does not have visa.

So I plan to go Canada. Many people advice to apply for asylum ( the easiest way) for immigration.

What other options to do?

I want to study and work there. I am studying General IELTS and soon I will get IELTS score as well.

is there any procedure to change visitor visa to study or to work. ??? And when it will be changed is there any chance to get visa for my family as well.???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm not sure what's rare about your case. It sounds pretty typical.

Asylum can be a very difficult path and is only a good idea if you have a very strong asylum case with strong proof. Without a strong case, you should expect refusal and you'll be forced to leave Canada. Once that happens, it will be difficult to return.

If you want to immigrate to Canada and don't have a very strong asylum case, then you should apply for PR through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry. You can find details here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

To change to a work permit you need a full time job offer and an approved LMIA. It tends to be very difficult to find employers in Canada willing to go through this process.

To change to a study permit, you need to be accepted by a school and apply for a study permit through an office outside of Canada. You will need to show that you have a bank balance of at least $25K to be approved.

Reactions: Ratmir and sandra02

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
I'm not sure what's rare about your case. It sounds pretty typical.

Asylum can be a very difficult path and is only a good idea if you have a very strong asylum case with strong proof. Without a strong case, you should expect refusal and you'll be forced to leave Canada. Once that happens, it will be difficult to return.

If you want to immigrate to Canada and don't have a very strong asylum case, then you should apply for PR through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry. You can find details here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

To change to a work permit you need a full time job offer and an approved LMIA. It tends to be very difficult to find employers in Canada willing to go through this process.

To change to a study permit, you need to be accepted by a school and apply for a study permit through an office outside of Canada. You will need to show that you have a bank balance of at least $25K to be approved.

Thank you very much for your answer. Yes I do have strong asylum case with strong proofs. But I am worried because of family that it will take time to get visa for them.

Is there correct time when I should apply for asylum?
Should i apply for it at the airport or after several months being there?

And another question is it difficult to apply for PR?

I have more than 5 years experience in different fields. such as hospitality, sport events etc.

Heli

Jul 12, 2017
Hi I am an international student in USA. I applied for Canada visitor visa on 4th July. At that time they shows online processing time 15 days. Now they shows in general 21 days. Then, which processing time would be considered for my application? the one which shows when I applied or the one which shows right now?
And it shows 15 days so, I wrote the travel date 22 nd july in my application. Is there any issue ?

waiting for reply.

peace365

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Hi I am an international student in USA. I applied for Canada visitor visa on 4th July. At that time they shows online processing time 15 days. Now they shows in general 21 days. Then, which processing time would be considered for my application? the one which shows when I applied or the one which shows right now?
And it shows 15 days so, I wrote the travel date 22 nd july in my application. Is there any issue ?

waiting for reply.
You should apply for visa at least 2 months in advance or you should have mentioned that you will be traveling sometime in Sept and it doesn't matter even if you leave the very next day after receiving your visa.

Heli

Jul 12, 2017
So is there any issue ? bcz when I applied it shows 15 days . they considered that time or the current time?

Perks Daltine

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Hi All,

There is very rare situation. So i got visitor visa and I will travel to Canada in August.
My family (wife and daughter ) does not have visa.

So I plan to go Canada. Many people advice to apply for asylum ( the easiest way) for immigration.

What other options to do?

I want to study and work there. I am studying General IELTS and soon I will get IELTS score as well.

is there any procedure to change visitor visa to study or to work. ??? And when it will be changed is there any chance to get visa for my family as well.???
hello. please let me give you an advise. you are going there to visit. when the immigration officer at the POE see you with all your accademic documents,, you will be in trouble. they will know you going to canada not for the purpose of your visit so they will refuse your entry to canada. to me,, when you get to canada. for the 6 months. if you have idear not to come back. apply for refugee visa inside canada. tou just need a lawyer and a good explanation. to me personaly thats the best way. because The Port of Entry is were you will meet the real interview. and you documents will be needed. in some cases they will ask you to even open your back to check whats there. so POE immigration have the power to refuse you entery to canada eventhoufh yoy got there visa. so be careful with such advise