+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED URGENT HELP!!

UNHCR

Oct 13, 2015
Hi there how is every body doing!?
I have few questions to be asked as quick as possible to fill in my forms.
first of all we are an iraqi family of 5 persons(mom,dad,2 brothers /24+26yr and a sister /22yr).
We currently living in lebanon except my father which he still in iraq & dont want to accompany us to canada,however,my sister is engaged & planning on getting married so dont want to accompany us to canada too.So.just (me 26yr),my brother(24yr) & mom are planning on going to canada.
I searched & found the following forms:

1: imm0008_2e /SCHEDULE 2 REFUGEES OUTSIDE CANADA
2: IMM0008DEPENU /ADDITIONAL DEPENDANTS DECLARATION FORM
3: IMM0008ENU_2D/GENERIC APPLICATION FORM FOR CANADA
4: IMM5406E/ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFORMATION
5: imm5669E/SCHEDULE A Background Declaration

Q1: Am i missing other forms?do i need to complete all 5 of them or what...?
Q2: does my mom consider as the principal applicant & my brother & I are dependents? Or every one of us must complete the form as principal applicant?if yes does my sister & father need to complete their own form of this also despite of not accompanying us to canada?
Q3: In GENERIC APPLICATION FORM-question 3 says how many members including you are in this application? shall i say 1 as myself or 3 as the 3 of us or 5 as the whole family regardless if they dont want to accompany us to canada?
Q4: If my mom must be the principal applicant & we are dependents,what should we choose in (DEPENDENT TYPE)? does my father & sister are to be considered dependent too? if yes what my father as spouse & sister should choose as (DEPENDENT TYPE)?
Q5: In SCHEDULE 2 REFUGEES OUTSIDE CANADA same as Q2? should my father & sister fill the form too?
Q6: In SCHEDULE A Background Declaration same as above?

I know that my story is a little bit complicated & my questions are too many but i swear i have no one here to help me & im afraid i might make mistakes & result in the application being refused.
thanks in advance for every one who would like to share his/her ideas or experiences on my situation
cheers :) :) :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'll help with one question. You and your brother are too old to be dependents in your mother's application. You would have to be 18 years or under to qualify as dependents. Each of you (your mother, you and your brother) will have to apply independently / on your own. This means that each of you will have to submit a completely separate application.

I assume all of you have already been identified as refugees by UNHCR and flagged for resettlement in Canada?

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
just to add up to the above comment to make you understand accompany and non accompany in terms of CIC so that you might submit a proper filled application.

accompany dependents or spouse: it does not only mean that a person who will be mentioned as accompany dependent will have to physically travel to canada at the same time with the principal applicant. the person can be anywhere and it simply means that the principal applicant wants to process the PR status as his/her spouse/kids no matter where they are living.

example wud be. as you mother will be the principal applicant she can add her husband as accompany spouse in her application and pay the fee so that cic process her husband's PR status also no matter where he is living right now. on approval of your mother's PR status your father will also get a PR visa in Iraq and he will be able to join her in canada.
in case your mother choose to mention her husband as non-accompany family member then your father will not be getting PR status and he has to be sponsored in future.
So why not to mention him as an accompany member as it will save a lot of time and he will be getting PR status. even if he is mentioned as non-accompany still he has to go through security check, medical etc and all the process as he is the husband of the principal applicant.

Secondly as Scylla said.... in a PR application only the principal applicant can only include his/her spouse and children who are under 19 as dependents. So in your case you guys will be having multiple principal applicants
principal applicant 1: your mother who will include her husband ( and her husband will get PR status no matter where he is living)
principal applicant 2: you
principal applicant 3: your brother
principal applicant 4: your sister ( who can add her husband if she gets married during the process and her husband will also get a PR status)

SO technically you guys are going to send 4 application packages assuming you guys are already recognized as a refugee by UNHCR

Their is one Prevision which you had to ask a lawyer or CIC if you guys fall into that category and i.e

as per CIC notice which states that:-
"Transitional measures will allow certain applicants under multi-step permanent resident immigration programs who are already in the immigration process at the time these regulations come into force on August 1, 2014, but who have not yet submitted their application for permanent residence, to have their applications completed based on the previous definition of dependent child.

These transitional measures will apply to certain groups, including:
Refugees abroad and refugee claimants"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-06-23.asp

Thanks and hope it helps

UNHCR

Oct 13, 2015
WOW!! U GUYS R SO AWESOME THANK U SO MUCH FOR U scylla & kriv UR RESPONSES WERE SO MUCH HELPFUL GOD BLESS YA :D :D :D :D