+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

!!!Need Urgent Help Regarding Refund From Lambton College

prasad003

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
It depends on the case in my case they deducted $150. Don't know about flywire but will be in your account

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Actually I paid through flywire and do they also refund through flywire?
If you paid through flywire you will get refund through flywire in the account that you transferred the money from. I got a refund for the college residence as we had to vacate early due to COVID-19. It took a month and a half, so about 4-6 weeks for the money to reflect in the account. You will get notification from flywire when refund is initiated.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
That sounds like bollocks on part of your university. You should inquire why a deferral is not possible, especially during this time. We should publicly shame any college or university that does not offer a deferral for valid reasons. Those schools make billions off us and I think as customers we should hold them to certain minimum standards. I fought tooth and nail to have the student health insurance charges waived and removed because the school clearly stated that if proof of personal insurance is provided that offers same or better coverage then the university mandated health insurance is waived. The international office pretended they never heard of such waiver option and after many emails back and forth they removed it with an almost angry and condescending attitude. Next they insisted that I however must pay for coverage of the British Columbia provincial health coverage. That I also found to be factually incorrect and that one can opt out of that. I have a superior private insurance coverage from Cigna and the university threatened me that if I opt out they would remove me from all registered courses. I pointed out the legislation of BC in writing and that they are a public university and are mandated to follow public statutes by the province. They almost had a freakout but in the end angrily let me opt out. Unbelievable but true. I am absolutely sure that my school gets tons of kickbacks from the insurer they force upon students. Almost mafia style attitudes.

My point being, don't take anything for granted those schools tell you. Do your research, check what their statutes state in writing. Your school should have a clear written policy re deferrals. Schools don't care about you whatsoever. It's all about their bottom line.

yeah they already said we can't defer your application know have to apply for refund

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Most every school currently allows deferrals based on visa rejections or even delays. OP should not ask administrators but should read the bylaws and statutes.

that is their refund policy, unless you get a rejection, that is the amount you have to pay.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Most every school currently allows deferrals based on visa rejections or even delays. OP should not ask administrators but should read the bylaws and statutes.
You are quoting me, quoting a post from August of last year. So, the question of the school currently allowing deferrals does not arise as the matter is now in the past, the OP has already got the refund.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
No worries then and apologies I did not notice the post was from last year.

You are quoting me, quoting a post from August of last year. So, the question of the school currently allowing deferrals does not arise as the matter is now in the past, the OP has already got the refund.

Ricky.singh.525

Dec 17, 2020
Hi, I applied for lambton college for sept 2019 batch but due to medical furtherance from visa department it got delayed till last week of September, I told college about this and ask them to defer my admission for jan 2020 batch but they said they can't do that and you can apply for refund.

my question is that if i apply for refund will they deduct $250 or $2500 for the administration fee

Please Help anyone and thanks in advance
Hlo Pls tell when you gave your medical. I am also going to face delay because of medical. Pls reply. How many months you wasted?

Kaku4111

Jan 17, 2022
I am currently attending online classes from Lambton College but i haven't get PPR or Refusal till now.
My question is if i got refusal after some time during my online classes than would I eligible for refund ? .if yes , thn how much will deduct from my fee.