+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need urgent help for my mother's visa

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
if you dont know to drive a car and jump on the steering wheel most likely u will be involved in a crash. u cannot undo it if that happens. hence those who have limited or no knowledge its better for them to hire a consultant rather than facing a refusal. prioritise what u want a negative outcome or save couple of hundred dollars. as far as vicky_0909 is concerned he is in Canada on student visa and am pretty sure he hired a consultant to get his visa done so what is the problem in hiring a consultant again. on indian passport its not easy to get visa to any country let alone canada .... that is how things are done here . it is always good to seek professional help.
A consultant filling out a form is not going to guarantee an approval and most consultants are not very knowledgeable. It is based on the persons assets, travel history, etc.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
if you dont know to drive a car and jump on the steering wheel most likely u will be involved in a crash. u cannot undo it if that happens. hence those who have limited or no knowledge its better for them to hire a consultant rather than facing a refusal. prioritise what u want a negative outcome or save couple of hundred dollars. as far as vicky_0909 is concerned he is in Canada on student visa and am pretty sure he hired a consultant to get his visa done so what is the problem in hiring a consultant again. on indian passport its not easy to get visa to any country let alone canada .... that is how things are done here . it is always good to seek professional help.
Vicky seems to have a decent grasp of the English language, reading the forms and its instruction guide plus getting advice on these forums there is no real reason he cannot fill out the forms himself.

Personally I wouldn't trust Indian consultants, we have seen many cases of scams on these forums, where they have given a fake ETA to Indian passport holders or they have added fake documents without telling the client which resulted in a 5 year ban. Also there are some consultants who flat out lie if they get higher commission elsewhere. For example my wifes cousin was applying for a student visa to the city we live in, consultant told her application date is closed for that university and to apply for another university he was suggesting. When I found out I said that's bs, made the call to the office admissions and sure enough they were still open. She ditched the agent and we applied to that school and she got in.

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
A consultant filling out a form is not going to guarantee an approval and most consultants are not very knowledgeable. It is based on the persons assets, travel history, etc.
Hi guys need your input on this matter. This is regarding my mother's visitor visa for Canada. My wife and I used to live in US till August2019, now Canadian PR holders and living in India these days on short break. Never got a chance to live and work in canada till now. We are planning to return back and take our mother along with us. Her US visitor visa is till valid, she made 3 trips to US ,maintained good travel history. She is a homemaker.There are no strong family ties in India (which we can prove for her )but she has assets, funds & other sources of income in india. I've funds in US$ account in canada. My question is what should be our approach towards filing process ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys need your input on this matter. This is regarding my mother's visitor visa for Canada. My wife and I used to live in US till August2019, now Canadian PR holders and living in India these days on short break. Never got a chance to live and work in canada till now. We are planning to return back and take our mother along with us. Her US visitor visa is till valid, she made 3 trips to US ,maintained good travel history. She is a homemaker.There are no strong family ties in India (which we can prove for her )but she has assets, funds & other sources of income in india. I've funds in US$ account in canada. My question is what should be our approach towards filing process ?
You can’t actually take your mother with you to live in Canada. She can apply for a TRV now from India and if she is able to show enough ties to India she will be approved. The fact that she has previously travelled to the US will help. Did she take short trips to the US or did she spend long periods of time there? If Canada suspects that she will be attempting to move with you when she applies for the TRV or at the POE she will be denied or may be limited to a shorter stay versus be given the full 6 months on entry. What is your plan because at a certain point extensions are usually refused if she does get a TRV?

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
You can’t actually take your mother with you to live in Canada.
Yes I meant to get her TRV approved first and then take her along .Actually I'll be traveling first, mother and wife will join me later.

Did she take short trips to the US or did she spend long periods of time there?
later.
Yes she spent 4 to 5 months on average during each trip.
If Canada suspects that she will be attempting to move with you when she applies for the TRV or at the POE she will be denied or may be limited to a shorter stay versus be given the full 6 months on entry.
Yes there is a possibility that this could happen.
What is your plan because at a certain point extensions are usually refused if she does get a TRV?
Haven't thought of this yet. Will try to convert TRV into super visa once we've met the conditions. Or send her to US/ india to visit family/friends and then flew her back to Canada.

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
You can’t actually take your mother with you to live in Canada. She can apply for a TRV now from India and if she is able to show enough ties to India she will be approved. The fact that she has previously travelled to the US will help. Did she take short trips to the US or did she spend long periods of time there? If Canada suspects that she will be attempting to move with you when she applies for the TRV or at the POE she will be denied or may be limited to a shorter stay versus be given the full 6 months on entry. What is your plan because at a certain point extensions are usually refused if she does get a TRV?
What approach you think we should take in representing our case ?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can’t have her move with you and will find that her attempts at getting a TRV are likely be denied if there is a concern that is what you are trying to do. What you should do is move to Canada with your spouse and once you are established you can try to have your mother visit on a TRV or supervisa.