+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need urgent help for my mother's visa

vicky_0909

Mar 3, 2020
Hi members,

I landed in January and currently pursuing my masters from top canadian university. I am here on study permit. My sister and here fiancee both got their PR last year and did their soft landing in December. They are currently in India and will be coming to Toronto this June for their wedding. I have booked convention center and paid 25% of the payment.
My mother(single parent) is in Delhi and is currently employed as teacher. I will be filling my mother's visitor visa. I am confused among the following options:
  1. I am here on study permit; inviting my mother. I read online that you should be in country for more than 6 months to have a strong case.
  2. My sister who is currently in India should invite my mother for visitor visa. Problem here is that she is quite new to Toronto and doesn't have any job. Also, she is in India as of now.
  3. Mother filing visa under Tourism category where she doesn't need invitation letter.
  4. Getting invitation from my other relatives who are Canadian citizens.
I have booked my mother's air ticket as well.
Any help is much appreciated. I want to understand who should invite if at all she needs an invitation or she can surpass that.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
You're worrying over the wrong things.

It matters little why your mother is going to Canada or who is inviting her.

What you must prove is why she must return to India after her visit. I'm not too optimistic when you said her job is a teacher. Does she have assets: savings or properties? Has she travelled to visa-required territories like the US, Australia, UK, or Europe?

Let's hope that plane ticket is refundable. You should never buy tickets before a visa is issued, and a paid round-trip ticket does not guarantee TRV approval.

vicky_0909

Mar 3, 2020
Thank you bellaluna for quick response. My mother, Sister and I went to UAE last year for holidays which required VISA. Also, we had a trip to Thailand almost 8 yrs ago.
And yes she has assets in India both property and savings.
i am concerned regarding my assets or my sister assets in Canada. We recently moved to canada and don’t have much in Canada. But back in our home country India, we do have assets.
Will it be fine if my extended relatives who are canadian citizens invite my mother?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you bellaluna for quick response. My mother, Sister and I went to UAE last year for holidays which required VISA. Also, we had a trip to Thailand almost 8 yrs ago.
And yes she has assets in India both property and savings.
i am concerned regarding my assets or my sister assets in Canada. We recently moved to canada and don’t have much in Canada. But back in our home country India, we do have assets.
Will it be fine if my extended relatives who are canadian citizens invite my mother?
She doesn’t have a travel history that will count for Canada. She will have to try and show as a many ties to India as possible. The fact that you and your sister have only recently come to Canada will create concerns that your mother is trying to move to Canada with the both of you. Would apply as soon as possible in case you get rejected. You can at least get a chance to reapply or make other arrangements for the wedding.

vicky_0909

Mar 3, 2020
Thanks canuck78,

Any suggestions on showing ties to India. She has assets in India. She is also co-borrower for my education loan. Should I mention that? I somehow feel that will make make case weaker. That may portray that we are trying to leave country which we are not. I have grandmother to look after. Can I mention that in my cover letter?

I have made payment for her return ticket which is non-refundable. I will apply ASAP.

Any suggestions are welcomed :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks canuck78,

Any suggestions on showing ties to India. She has assets in India. She is also co-borrower for my education loan. Should I mention that? I somehow feel that will make make case weaker. That may portray that we are trying to leave country which we are not. I have grandmother to look after. Can I mention that in my cover letter?

I have made payment for her return ticket which is non-refundable. I will apply ASAP.

Any suggestions are welcomed :)
Unfortunately as you will see in the application you should never buy tickets before being approved. Co-borrowing and an education loan makes your case weaker unless she was making a very high income in India. If she is the only family member close to her mother or she is living with her she can include caring for her mother. She should only be asking to stay for 2-3 weeks.

vicky_0909

Mar 3, 2020
She will be visiting for a month. I will clearly state everything in my cover letter.

Thanks for the guidance :)

vicky_0909

Mar 3, 2020
As I previously mentioned, my mother is teacher and will be having her summer break. During her summer break, she will be visiting Canada. Also, should I attach booking receipts of my sister's wedding place?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As I previously mentioned, my mother is teacher and will be having her summer break. During her summer break, she will be visiting Canada. Also, should I attach booking receipts of my sister's wedding place?
Yes you should include sister’s reception booking. She should only be asking for maximum 3 weeks. Her ties as a caregiver to her mother are negated by a long visit. This is also her first visit.

vicky_0909

Mar 3, 2020
Bro ur sister is a permanent resident in canada why not apply for super visa
Hi Iglu,

She is not currently working. For super visa, I guess having good financial health in Canada is important. I have a friend who is on PR and applied for super visa for his parents. Sadly, the visa got rejected because he was not working then. After few months, with same documents except this time he was working applied for super visa; got an approval.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Iglu,

She is not currently working. For super visa, I guess having good financial health in Canada is important. I have a friend who is on PR and applied for super visa for his parents. Sadly, the visa got rejected because he was not working then. After few months, with same documents except this time he was working applied for super visa; got an approval.
You need to show that you have earned a certain amount in Canada before you qualify.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
buying tickets before getting visa shows u have limited or no knowledge about immigration Canada. i would suggest you to hire a migration agent and pay for his/her professional service. its better than facing a rejection not to mention all that stress that comes free with negative decision.
Is there a reason you keep telling people to hire a lawyer or consultant? It is not necessary to get approved. It is an option if people feel lost filling out the forms but really doesn’t increase your chances. There are daily posting about consultants and lawyers making errors and refusals even when using these services. People should save their money if possible.

Reactions: nmatter