+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Urgent Help!!!Can HIV positive person get PR ?

ravi_singh

May 20, 2018
No i dont know anyone , also i didn't use any legal advice , i thought i would need a legal help as well , no legal help and my application was approved within the set 18 months processing time
ah, that is very interesting! So how did you prove that you are not medical inadmissible? could you suggest any ways to do that? Even I am thinking of applying for Study Visa, but I am afraid that my study visa application wouldn't get accepted.

Dee2018

Jan 14, 2018
ah, that is very interesting! So how did you prove that you are not medical inadmissible? could you suggest any ways to do that? Even I am thinking of applying for Study Visa, but I am afraid that my study visa application wouldn't get accepted.
Which country are you applying from and have you started medications already?

ravi_singh

May 20, 2018
I am from India. Yes I am on medication, I beleive that the common name of the medication is Atripla or something similar. I have received a letter of admit from a university in Quebec, a 2 year programme, the university is providing a cover for my medication for the 2nd year for about 22,500 CND but not for the 1st year. The university feels that it still may not cover the complete costs of the medication as the medication are very expensive. I imagine I can bring medication from India or have my family send them to me every 3 months. But how do I convince the immigration officers that I won't be burden on the government, I don't know. It's hard to find clear answers.

Dee2018

Jan 14, 2018
I am from India. Yes I am on medication, I beleive that the common name of the medication is Atripla or something similar. I have received a letter of admit from a university in Quebec, a 2 year programme, the university is providing a cover for my medication for the 2nd year for about 22,500 CND but not for the 1st year. The university feels that it still may not cover the complete costs of the medication as the medication are very expensive. I imagine I can bring medication from India or have my family send them to me every 3 months. But how do I convince the immigration officers that I won't be burden on the government, I don't know. It's hard to find clear answers.
The simple solution is convincing the visa officer that your current medication is below the threshold, and thats what i did.....because i was a new patient i asked the doctor to prescribe a medication that is below the threshold, i understand it might be more complicated if you are outside canada but u can try, just make sure ur medication is less than the threshold

Leonard1979

Jun 8, 2018
Нello everyone
Would you be so kind to advise to me attorney who can help to me with hiv+ immigrate to canada.
Thanks a lot all of you for help

juhanjuhanjuhan

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since posted in this forum. I just want to give you an update about my mother's PR application:

TIMELINE:
May 25, 2012
- My mother submitted her PR application in live in caregiver category including my 5 siblings
September 25, 2012 - IRCC started processing the application
December 5, 2013 - IRCC requested for additional documents
June 2, 2014 - IRCC requested for additional documents
April 22, 2015 - IRCC requested for additional documents
Jan 1, 2015 - *Got my HIV diagnosis.
May 19, 2015 - First Medicals sent to IRCC
August 19, 2015 - IRCC requested for additional documents
January 26, 2016 - IRCC requested for additional documents
================= PROCEDURAL FAIRNESS LETTER STAGE===============
June 23, 2016
- IRCC sent a correspondence about the decision of the application. The correspondence was a breakdown of the cost which went around (11k CAD) and the First Procedural Fairness Letter.
December 2, 2016 - By this time we hired an attorney. Our attorney replied to the first procedural fairness letter.
December 12, 2016 - IRCC Visa Officer replied to disregard the first procedural fairness letter and sent another fairness letter dating Dec. 12, 2016 and the given deadline was March 6, 2017
January 1, 2017 - Had my remedicals done
March 1, 2017 - Submited all the documents including the affidavit as a reply for the procedural fairness letter.

PERMANENT APPLICATION STATUS (e-cas): "IN PROCESS", Medical results have been received

If I click on the "in process" hyperlink the last step says medicals received. We haven't heard back from IRCC ever since. One year and 5 months had passed already after the update saying "medicals received" and my documents are about to expire soon, sigh. :(

I've read online that there has been a change in the policy of Canada for medical inadmissibility which is effective June 2018 as seen in this link. Has anyone gotten their PR with this new policy?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/excessive-demand-june-2018.html

Last edited:

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since posted in this forum. I just want to give you an update about my mother's PR application:

TIMELINE:
May 25, 2012
- My mother submitted her PR application in live in caregiver category including my 5 siblings
September 25, 2012 - IRCC started processing the application
December 5, 2013 - IRCC requested for additional documents
June 2, 2014 - IRCC requested for additional documents
April 22, 2015 - IRCC requested for additional documents
Jan 1, 2015 - *Got my HIV diagnosis.
May 19, 2015 - First Medicals sent to IRCC
August 19, 2015 - IRCC requested for additional documents
January 26, 2016 - IRCC requested for additional documents
================= PROCEDURAL FAIRNESS LETTER STAGE===============
June 23, 2016
- IRCC sent a correspondence about the decision of the application. The correspondence was a breakdown of the cost which went above threshold (11k CAD) and the First Procedural Fairness Letter.
December 2, 2016 - By this time we hired an attorney. Our attorney replied to the first procedural fairness letter.
December 12, 2016 - IRCC Visa Officer replied to disregard the first procedural fairness letter and sent another fairness letter dating Dec. 12, 2016 and the given deadline was March 6, 2017
January 1, 2017 - Had my remedicals done
March 1, 2017 - Submited all the documents including the affidavit as a reply for the procedural fairness letter.

PERMANENT APPLICATION STATUS (e-cas): "IN PROCESS", Medical results have been received

If I click on the "in process" hyperlink the last step says medicals received. We haven't heard back from IRCC ever since. One year and 5 months had passed already after the update saying "medicals received" and my documents are about to expire soon, sigh. :(

I've read online that there has been a change in the policy of Canada for medical inadmissibility which is effective June 2018 as seen in this link. Has anyone gotten their PR with this new policy?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/excessive-demand-june-2018.html
I've read years ago it was not a problem,,, now a day,,, it could be
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/surveillance-notifications/procedure-hiv-positive-cases.html
https://www.cocqsida.com/ressources/vih-info-droits/can-a-person-living-with-hiv-immigrate-to-canada.html
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-a-hiv-positive-person-get-pr.443937/

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
People have to understand the there are different requirements for PR and other temporary worker or students. The new threshold of just under $20,000 is only for PRs. Each HIV+ has their individual treatment plan so it will depend on their own medication costs plus any appoints, tests, scan cost. It is not only about the medication cost. You can only arrive with a 90 day medication supply and you can't mail Rx medication to Canada. It should be confiscated by the mail service. You also have to figure out how you will pay for medication if you are accepted. Many provinces do not provide pharmacare and you may not have additional health coverage or that coverage may have a cap on how much you can claim (especially for students).

Reactions: mpsqra

AC1987

Oct 16, 2018
People have to understand the there are different requirements for PR and other temporary worker or students. The new threshold of just under $20,000 is only for PRs. Each HIV+ has their individual treatment plan so it will depend on their own medication costs plus any appoints, tests, scan cost. It is not only about the medication cost. You can only arrive with a 90 day medication supply and you can't mail Rx medication to Canada. It should be confiscated by the mail service. You also have to figure out how you will pay for medication if you are accepted. Many provinces do not provide pharmacare and you may not have additional health coverage or that coverage may have a cap on how much you can claim (especially for students).
Please read this article by the CIC
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/excessive-demand.html

juhanjuhanjuhan

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Guys,

We just got a correspondence last nov 26 about our application and my mom is scheduled for an interview on dec 19,2018. My question is, is this the COPR that everyone's talking about? The letter is shown below:

"Dear ******,
:
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You will be
contacted by IRCC-Etobicoke with further instructions for yourself including an appointment to attend their
office. After you have attended that appointment, your accompanying family member(s) must complete the
following steps within 30 days after you have attended your landing appointment at IRCC-Etobicoke
and you, ***********************, have become a permanent resident in order for our office in Manila to
facilitate the issuance of permanent residence visas for your accompanying family member(s). If for any
reason your accompanying family member(s) are not able to meet this deadline, you must inform us
immediately by sending an e-mail to******************** with details concerning your
situation.

NOTE: Do not proceed with these instructions until after you, *********************, (the Principal
Applicant of this application) have attended your landing appointment at IRCC-Etobicoke. Once you
have become a Permanent Resident, proceed with the instructions below with the exception of Step 1
which should be communicated immediately.

Accompanying Dependents residing in the Philippines:
d*********************
Q********************"

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

We just got a correspondence last nov 26 about our application and my mom is scheduled for an interview on dec 19,2018. My question is, is this the COPR that everyone's talking about? The letter is shown below:

"Dear ******,
:
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You will be
contacted by IRCC-Etobicoke with further instructions for yourself including an appointment to attend their
office. After you have attended that appointment, your accompanying family member(s) must complete the
following steps within 30 days after you have attended your landing appointment at IRCC-Etobicoke
and you, ***********************, have become a permanent resident in order for our office in Manila to
facilitate the issuance of permanent residence visas for your accompanying family member(s). If for any
reason your accompanying family member(s) are not able to meet this deadline, you must inform us
immediately by sending an e-mail to******************** with details concerning your
situation.

NOTE: Do not proceed with these instructions until after you, *********************, (the Principal
Applicant of this application) have attended your landing appointment at IRCC-Etobicoke. Once you
have become a Permanent Resident, proceed with the instructions below with the exception of Step 1
which should be communicated immediately.

Accompanying Dependents residing in the Philippines:
d*********************
Q********************"
Just wanted confirm that you're not married or haven't lived with your bf for 1 year. Seems like you have been in this relationship since at least 2015.