+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to work in another province , mom sicks

showmanshow

Nov 23, 2015
Im currently working for Ontario company in Toronto, and trying to figure how much trouble for my company to allow me work remotely in British Columba long term . I know they dont have an office in BC. I'm a canadian Citizen, and I dont think my company mind letting me work remotely as long as there are no too much labour and taxe issues from them. Just want to what need to be done from habour and taxes perspective and what will happen to my current pension and unemployee insurance.

Normally I would ask the HR first , but company is not big and don't have proper HR process right now.

Last edited:

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
What’s your status in Canada (PR, OWP)? Realistically it’s entirely up to the company to decide if they want to employ you remotely. If you are working in BC, I would think they would likely need to pay taxes in BC for EI and CPP if that’s where you work from (not sure about that). If you have health benefits, that would probably need to be transferred to B.C. as well, which would likely require them to set up a company in B.C.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

What’s your status in Canada (PR, OWP)? Realistically it’s entirely up to the company to decide if they want to employ you remotely. If you are working in BC, I would think they would likely need to pay taxes in BC for EI and CPP if that’s where you work from (not sure about that). If you have health benefits, that would probably need to be transferred to B.C. as well, which would likely require them to set up a company in B.C.
1. The OP says he is a Canadian citizen. So if the company allows it, he can work remotely from anywhere in Canada.

showmanshow

Nov 23, 2015
Thank you for the replies, i guess back to the orginal questions, From habour and tax perspectices, are there things that need to be done? and what happens to my already contributed unemployment insurance and pension in Toronto?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the replies, i guess back to the orginal questions, From habour and tax perspectices, are there things that need to be done? and what happens to my already contributed unemployment insurance and pension in Toronto?
This isn't an immigration question. I would recommend you post your question to a tax forum.

Reactions: canuck_in_uk