+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to Submit transcript to Ryerson Univesity

atif_r0x

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
Hi All,
I have got an offer letter for M.Eng in Computer Networks for Fall 2020 and I have accepted. My question is that do I have to submit my Bachelors and Masters original Transcript and Degree in University's sealed envelope which I received in my University's convocation or I have to submit photocopies having stamp of Verified and Authenticated on it in sealed envelope by University. Also If I need to submit Stamped Verified and Authenticated photocopy in sealed envelope do I have to submit any letter from my previous University regarding Verification and Authentication of photocopies or just photocopies are enough in sealed envelope.

I am pasting below guidelines from Ryerson University, which is really confusing to me.

In offer letter:
- Provide proof of degree completion and an official final transcript (bachelor's and master's) from Mehran
University of Engineering and Technology.

On website:
After Accepting an Offer
If you have been admitted into a Ryerson graduate program and have confirmed your offer, you will be required to submit official final transcript(s) in a sealed envelope that is sent directly from the institution(s) (if not already on file). An official transcript is a document that is normally prepared by an institutions Registrar's office. Official transcripts are printed on security paper and bear the official seal of the institution. This document includes all courses completed, final grades, degree's awarded and other applicable academic information.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You are supposed to go to your university and tell them to send sealed official documents directly to Ryerson, these docs should not go through you or anyone else. Anything sent to Ryerson you will never get back so dont send your originals.

atif_r0x

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
You are supposed to go to your university and tell them to send sealed official documents directly to Ryerson, these docs should not go through you or anyone else. Anything sent to Ryerson you will never get back so dont send your originals.
can you please confirm what is "sealed official documents" ?? is it a attested/verified photocopies of original Transcript and degree???

atif_r0x

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
They are not copies they are official docs that your university sends.
thanks for replying, if its not a transcript and not a photocopy of transcript, then what type of document it could be? I never go through this process before, so i am still confuse and sorry for asking again and again, are you talking about a document mentioning grades, year, degree number, degree title in official document signed by Univ. In short every all information regarding my Uni identity and degree/transcript. thanks

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
thanks for replying, if its not a transcript and not a photocopy of transcript, then what type of document it could be? I never go through this process before, so i am still confuse and sorry for asking again and again, are you talking about a document mentioning grades, year, degree number, degree title in official document signed by Univ. In short every all information regarding my Uni identity and degree/transcript. thanks
It is an OFFICIAL transcript sent from your UNDERGRADUATE School DIRECTLY to your graduate school. It must not be tampered with and opened and must be mailed from the institution that you attended by the REGISTAR of your school.

atif_r0x

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
It is an OFFICIAL transcript sent from your UNDERGRADUATE School DIRECTLY to your graduate school. It must not be tampered with and opened and must be mailed from the institution that you attended by the REGISTAR of your school.
Hi there, thank you for your reply, I still didnt get what is the meaning of OFFICIAL transcript, transcript can be original in color sheet which has Vice Chancellor sign on it and Controller which we get at the time of convocation, and another one can be its photocopy. My question still remain a mystery. anyways thank you. cheers