+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to show return ticket if going to India on eVisa?

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Do we need to shown a return ticket from India when arriving India on eVisa?

Also, is it necessary to secure a surrender certificate of Indian citizenship prior to applying for eVisa?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014

Also, is it necessary to secure a surrender certificate of Indian citizenship prior to applying for eVisa?
I just got it done for my minor child's. We are going on a return ticket, so that will not be a problem for us, even if they ask.

The e-visa application does not ask for a surrender certificate. Not sure if Indian immigration will ask for one when we land there.

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
I just got it done for my minor child's. We are going on a return ticket, so that will not be a problem for us, even if they ask.

The e-visa application does not ask for a surrender certificate. Not sure if Indian immigration will ask for one when we land there.
Thanks for your response. In our case we only have one way ticket to India for now. Will see if anyone else replies.
Hopefully someone will share their experience about the surrender certificate too.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

If you are visiting a foreign country on a tourist/business visa you need a return ticket. I do not see any different in this case.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

A forum member few days ago mentioned that one of his friend's family member never surrendered the Indian citizenship/cancelled the Indian passport but were travelling to India on multiple occasions on eVisa before the pandemic. I thought that was very brave of them ;)

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
A forum member few days ago mentioned that one of his friend's family member never surrendered the Indian citizenship/cancelled the Indian passport but were travelling to India on multiple occasions on eVisa before the pandemic. I thought that was very brave of them ;)
Thanks Abbas.

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Thanks for your response. In our case we only have one way ticket to India for now. Will see if anyone else replies.
Hopefully someone will share their experience about the surrender certificate too.
apply surrender certificate december 14/2022 purolator pickup BLS today may deliver soon.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks Abbas.
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html
Q1. Who is eligible for e-Visa Services?
Ans- The following are the eligibility conditions for availing e-Visa services-
  i. Nationals of countries listed on the e-Visa website https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/ are eligible to apply for e-Visa Services.
  ii. Foreigners whose sole objective for visiting India is
    (a) Recreation and sightseeing
    (b) Casual visit to meet friends and relatives
    (c) Attending short term yoga programme or short term courses on local languages, music, dance, arts & crafts, cooking, medicine etc. which should not be a formal or structured course/programme
     (courses not exceeding 6 months duration and not issuing a qualifying certificate/diploma etc. to the participants)
    (d) Voluntary work of short duration (for a maximum period of one month, which do not involve any monetary payment or consideration of any kind in return)
    (e) Medical treatment, including treatment under Indian systems of medicine
    (f) As attendant to e-Medical visa holder
    (g) Business purpose
    (h) Attending a conference/ seminar/ workshop.
  iii. Passport should have at least six months validity at the time of making application for grant of e-Visa and a re-entry permit, if that is required under the law of the country of nationality of the applicant.
   The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
iv. The foreigner should have return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.