+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to send passport - Help on problematic

plabrie

May 15, 2010
So here is my problem.
My wife leave with me on a visitor visa in Canada (She's american)
We are going in vacation september 7th (for 2 weeks in the US to see her family and then 1 week vacation in the caribbean)
We are coming back september 25th

Today (September 1st), we received an email from the cic buffalo visa office asking for her passport in the next 30 days.

So in theory, I wanted to come back september 25th (sunday) in Canada, and send her passport to the visa office on a 1 day shipping schedule and tracking. So it should arrive before the expiration of the 1 month. Sending back before would cancel our vacation and a lot of money spent on it. :s
So my worried that it's last minute, and that we send it from within Canada for an application that we sent for outside Canada (since it's faster)

I can see in the instruction here [wasn't allow to post real link it's the Instructions for passport submission on the buffalo visa website]
canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/submit_soumettre.aspx?view=d
a section about
If your address is in Canada, send your passport to

Any thoughts, advice, experiences ?

Thank you very much.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Well it certainly wouldnt be a problem sending the passport to Buffalo from Canada. Plenty of people do it. Outland just means the visa office, not the physical position of the person. People already in Canada can choose inland or outland.

I take it you dont live close enough to buffalo to drive there in person? That way you could get the visa same day before you go on vacation.

plabrie

May 15, 2010
No sadly, I leave in Montreal, Quebec, it's not that far, but I take my plane to Georgia before I would have time to go there.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
plabrie said:
No sadly, I leave in Montreal, Quebec, it's not that far, but I take my plane to Georgia before I would have time to go there.
It can be done. But might be worth it for you and your wife to change your itinerary for a stop-over in Buffalo. She could pick up the visa the same day.