+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to leave canada, will i get back in?

Ch1982

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
Doc's Request.
none so far
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
File Transfer...
13-09-2016
Med's Done....
04-04-2016
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
copy requested 20-01-17
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
hopefully soon!
Hi folks,

I have an outland spousal sponsorship in process at the ottowa CPC office, I'm a UK citizen, married to a canadian citizen. Im in ontario visiting my wife at the moment, and have been for almost 6 months. I have my TRV extension application already submitted. I've just found out today that my grandfather isn't too well, and i'd like to go back to the UK and visit him before he passes away. What is the likelyhood of me being admitted back into canada if i go back to the U.K for 10 days or so?

Thoughts welcome

thanks

Craig

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ch1982 said:
Hi folks,

I have an outland spousal sponsorship in process at the ottowa CPC office, I'm a UK citizen, married to a canadian citizen. Im in ontario visiting my wife at the moment, and have been for almost 6 months. I have my TRV extension application already submitted. I've just found out today that my grandfather isn't too well, and i'd like to go back to the UK and visit him before he passes away. What is the likelyhood of me being admitted back into canada if i go back to the U.K for 10 days or so?

Thoughts welcome

thanks

Craig
No one can say for sure. So I don't speak from experience. The manual says you shouldn't leave..

But if I was in your situation, I would go, and return. Being a UK citizen, there is a low risk that they would refuse entry -- but it's like any border crossing, it's totally up to the border guard. Bring your PR paperwork with you, so you can tell them the situation. If they understand why you left, and you have proof of a PR in process, they may look the other way.

Ch1982

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
Doc's Request.
none so far
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
File Transfer...
13-09-2016
Med's Done....
04-04-2016
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
copy requested 20-01-17
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
hopefully soon!
Thanks for the response. That's pretty much what I thought.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
You bet. Best of luck to your Grandpa, and your family.

Keep in your mind that, it's just paper, and can be reproduced. Take care of business -- the rest will remain to fix later.

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Ch1982 said:
Hi folks,

Thoughts welcome

thanks

Craig
Since it is an outland sponsorship app, you should be fine. Just hope and pray that you get the TRV extension approved. Just like what @profiler said, make sure you have with you all the documents about the application, etc upon your return to CA. Praying for your Grandpa.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ch1982 said:
I have my TRV extension application already submitted.

What is the likelyhood of me being admitted back into canada if i go back to the U.K for 10 days or so?
A TRV is an entry visa and as a UK citizen, you don't even qualify for one. I'm guessing you meant to say that you've applied to extend your visitor status.

You should have no issues. Carry proof of the PR app and proof of finances.

profiler said:
No one can say for sure. So I don't speak from experience. The manual says you shouldn't leave..
There is nothing stating that an outland applicant can't leave. It is only inland applicants that are advised to not leave.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You are a citizen of the UK, and have submitted an outland application, so there is no reason you can't leave. They might not let you back in, but that is totally up to the border agent, and is also very unlikely. You will be entering as a visitor, just like any other tourist from the UK. Have proof of your PR application with you, and be clear that you are just visiting. If you have any ties to the UK, bring proof of that too. (Though they will probably not ask to see them.)

As soon as you leave, the status you applied to extend ends. You will be re-entering as a visitor, and will get visitor status when you do so. This new status will be for 6 months (probably), or less if the border agent gives you less, and can be extended.

If by some chance you are not allowed back in, your application will continue to be processed, and you will be able to return as a PR most likely soon after.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
profiler said:
The manual says you shouldn't leave..
No - it doesn't. That's for inland applications. This application is outland.

Ch1982

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
Doc's Request.
none so far
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
File Transfer...
13-09-2016
Med's Done....
04-04-2016
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
copy requested 20-01-17
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
hopefully soon!
Hi folks, thanks for all the responses.

Yes, what i meant to say was, i've applied to extend my visitors status. One of the reasons i didn't do an inland sponsorship is because it restricts the coming and going.

I'll probably take the risk and head home to the UK for a few weeks.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
canuck_in_uk said:
There is nothing stating that an outland applicant can't leave. It is only inland applicants that are advised to not leave.
I thought I read inland... goot catch!