+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to know about how to get new driving licence in Alberta as an Indian Driving Licence Holder

singh2367

Dec 11, 2019
Can anyone tell me how do I get driving licene in Alberta? do i need to submit my current Indian Driving licence? What if I do not want to give it?

singh2367

Dec 11, 2019
If i start as a learner how long does it take for me to get Class 5 licence? Also is the teacher instructing necessary?
And if i submit my licence then how soon can i get the new one? Will i be given class 5?

singh2367

Dec 11, 2019
Yes, i am from India.
Do they accept Indian Driving Licences also? And what all proofs do i need to show as a newcomer?
They say "
  • provide proof of 2 or more years of driving experience, if you want to be issued a full Class 5 licence
"
How do I prove it? Do i need to get an abstract?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
What if the application is turned down? Will i get my licence back? It doesnt mention
As far as I can tell, the only way that the application would be turned down would be if you failed the tests - at which point you shouldn't be driving.

If you are a permanent resident of Canada and live in Alberta, you are required by law to get an Alberta driver's license. If you fail Alberta's tests, you would not be permitted to continue driving under a different license.