+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to change VFS (different from where biometrics have been submitted)

arthurspirke

Feb 18, 2021
The situation is - my wife and I recently received the Ready for Visa email and can finally submit our passports for the final step of our PR journey. Unfortunately, we have a problem that the VFS office where we gave our biometrics is currently closed and there is no way to know when it is going to be reopened (the office in Lviv, Ukraine is closed due to war and martial law).

The question is - can the passport be submitted to a different VFS office (for example, in Poland)? I haven't found a particular instruction on what should be done in this case (after biometrics we were given consent forms written in Ukrainian and instructed to submit our passports to the same VFS office). Does anyone have such an experience?

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
The question is - can the passport be submitted to a different VFS office (for example, in Poland)?
You must cross the border into Poland and then send your passport along with the other stuff required by courier to Warsaw Vfs. The Vfs will then courier your passport back to where you are staying in Poland.
I seriously doubt courier service is working from Ukraine to Poland and back right now.

arthurspirke

Feb 18, 2021
You must cross the border into Poland and then send your passport along with the other stuff required by courier to Warsaw Vfs. The Vfs will then courier your passport back to where you are staying in Poland.
I seriously doubt courier service is working from Ukraine to Poland and back right now.
Indeed, it doesn't work at all in Ukraine.
My wife is able to cross the border (I cannot due to the martial law and prohibition of men leaving the country). Hence, she will submit both passports and all required documents.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Indeed, it doesn't work at all in Ukraine.
My wife is able to cross the border (I cannot due to the martial law and prohibition of men leaving the country). Hence, she will submit both passports and all required documents.
Good luck and stay safe!