+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED SUGGESTIONS (UVIC for fall 2015 or anything else!!!

Deeps1993

Jan 18, 2015
I just graduated in April 2015 (BTech: Computer science) and im awaiting my final semester results which is expected to arrive by the end of june. Here is my profile :
10th : 87.2%
12th : 86%
BTech (up to Sem VII) : 69.5%
IELTS: 7.0

I had applied to University of Victoria for Telecommunications and Information Security(MTIS) for fall 2015 and I got my offer letter last week which makes me really happy. However I was thinking of waiting for the January 2016 intake to apply to these two universities :
Concordia university of Edmonton (MISSM)
Dalhousie university (Internetworking)

Kindly do tell me which would be the best option. The reason for me to reconsider University of Victoria is that the course is only one year so hence i get only a 1 year post graduation work permit. However the other two courses are for two years and so i get 3 years work permit.

I had one more doubt. Does BC province still have the international post graduate PNP system i.e where an international applicant who has completed masters could apply for PNP without a job offer ?

Deeps1993

Jan 18, 2015
Everyone...your opinions would be really helpful at this point.
I really am in a dilemma right now and so i kindly request members of the forum to give some suggestions.

Thank you

Deeps1993

Jan 18, 2015
MTIS at Uvic is a 1 year course. Thats the reason i am so confused. Since its a one year course i will only have 1 year of PGWP.

bilaltufail

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi i have same percentage 69.5% in my BS-IT till 7 semester and i also waiting my eight semester result..
so question is can i apply on the bases of 7 semester if yes then how??
i want to apply in ms computer science co-op programe!!
thanks

Deeps1993

Jan 18, 2015
In Uvic you will first need to find a supervisor who would accept you. You need to explain your previous work to a professor and if he accepts you then you can go ahead with the application by giving your marks up to the 7th Semester and other required documents like ielts, LOR's etc.

bilaltufail

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deeps1993 said:
In Uvic you will first need to find a supervisor who would accept you. You need to explain your previous work to a professor and if he accepts you then you can go ahead with the application by giving your marks up to the 7th Semester and other required documents like ielts, LOR's etc.
supervisor is necessary for co-op programme.? i heard that it is necassary when i apply for thesis or project base programme..?

Deeps1993

Jan 18, 2015
Im not very sure about that bro. Maybe you should just have a look at their site again or you could ask them via an email. The application process is quite simple however. You can ask me if you have any other problems regarding the applications. :D

bilaltufail

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deeps1993 said:
Im not very sure about that bro. Maybe you should just have a look at their site again or you could ask them via an email. The application process is quite simple however. You can ask me if you have any other problems regarding the applications. :D
ok thanks :D
i will email them.! but i want to know university accept 7 semester result card ?or i should include a letter from my university to explain that that i am student and i gain more percentage in 8 semester!
and u applied on 7 semester so uvic doest not ask u to submit transcript till 8 semester? or u got conditional acceptance letter that ur seat is confirmed when u submit ur last 8 semester resultcard too?

Deeps1993

Jan 18, 2015
Yes i got a conditional offer letter. I need to submit my final semester mark list and my degree certificate as well to get the unconditional offer letter. However you can apply with your marks up to the 7th semester as well and once you have the other documents you may upload them.

Good luck !

monish88

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Hey! Hi there,

What are you doing Deeps! Haven't you checked the website of MTIS? They are offering a co-op program which is optional.
Which means if you get a co-op, your study duration automatically extends beyond an year for sure. (If you know this, well and good).

I was in a similar situation before coming to Canada for my M.Eng in Clean Energy Engineering at University of British Columbia, Vancouver which is a 1 year course. With God's grace I got an 8 months co-op in the 1st round itself and I got a chance to apply for a co-op work permit. I received this co-op work permit few months back and I have used the co-op documents to extend my study permit which increases my study period from 12 months to 20 months.

Consequently, my work permit will be of 3 years. Apart from that, a co-op opportunity is an advantage for students to get well versed with the practical work-scenario inside North America. The employers here appreciate a North American experience when you apply for a full time job. I don't know about co-op availability at other Universities you mentioned.

Now, you might ask, what is the placement rate of co-op in this program and stuff. You might want to ask this to the graduate co-ordinator there. Don't expect them to assure you of anything. I just happened to drop by this forum after a long time and saw your post out of nowhere. lol! Feel free to contact me on pawar_monish@yahoo.com.

About BC PNP International Graduate category: It is natural and nice to inquire things before hand but FYI, BC PNP is on hold until July,2015 due to excessive applications recieved in last year. People are skepctical if they would make changes to this category or not. My course falls under this Pilot Category and even I am curious to know what would be the case. All said and done, I dont think this should be a matter of huge concern for people like me or prospective students like you because a post grad work visa of 3 years should be fine to plan the future. WHO KNOWS, THE RULES MIGHT CHANGE AFTER YOU COME TO CANADA OR THEY MIGHT NOT CHANGE AT ALL. So, don't let these things affect your decision. If they have co-op at other Universities you waiting for then just go for that. In my opinion, co-op will be beneficial in any case. Best Wishes.

Deeps1993

Jan 18, 2015
Thank you very much for your answer. I did see the coop option but I am talking about a situation in case I dont find a coop. Iv heard its quite difficult to land a coop job. So to be risk free I was asking about concordia university of edmonton which provides a 2 year course on information security.