+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need suggestions on LMIA - Currently on Open work permit

Piyush5767

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Hi,

------------------------------------------------------------- Need Your Advice ---------------------------------------------------

Currently, I have my profile in express entry pool, still waiting for points to goes down below 450 so that I get an invitation. I have 445 Points I know it's far below so this is a reason I need professional advice from all of you.

I have done Post Graduation from Canada + Having 1+ year of the Canadian experience and in IELTS overall bands is 7(7S, 7.5L, 7R & 6W) = 445

I also have 2 years of experience as a freelancer, having tax copy + bank statements, clients chats etc but only having 3 references letters from about more than 30 clients, that is a reason I have not included that experience - what do you say do I have to include that experience with the 3 references?

I have 2 years of work permit remaining, So I am thinking to wait for the next 11 months which helps me to jumps my points from 445 to 458 or I can go for an LMIA. I have already talked to my employer which is happy to give me that.

So what you think do I have to go for an LMIA which helps me to get more 50 points so my score touch to 495 or have to wait another 11 months. I know I can get more points if I retake my IELTS exam and achieve a good score.

------------------------------------------------------ Most Important ---------------------------------------------------------

But if I go for an LMIA then what about my Open work permit? Is that is cancelled because I know LMIA work permit is different as compare to open work permit and might be I can't have 2 permits at the same time?

If I go for an LMIA then the NOC code should match what I currently have and same for the job role and responsibilities

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
If you increase your IELTS scores I think you'll get another 15-20 points. Try calculating with CLB 9 and see what you get.

That might be the easiest way.

You can have an LMIA and OWP at the same time.

Piyush5767

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
If you increase your IELTS scores I think you'll get another 15-20 points. Try calculating with CLB 9 and see what you get.

That might be the easiest way.

You can have an LMIA and OWP at the same time.
I already know about clb 9 and how much I can achieve but friend, i think you haven't read what i asked but thanks for your suggestion that i already know.. i have ask about LMIA and other iand that is a reason i have described properly!