+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need suggestions on how to impove my TRV application

paupau16

Star Member
Mar 21, 2019
Good day to all.

Im planning to apply Canada TRV, i have a few questions on how to prepare and improve some factors to consider for it:

1. I have friend who is a canadian citizen, have some business and living in Canada for 9 years now, could he give me an invitation letter stating that i would be staying in his house and would shoulder my other expenses? We will also go to other places like Niagara Falls etc during my 2 weeks visit. Could his invitation letter helps?

2. Im currently working here in Qatar as QA/QC Engineer ( 1 year and counting), receiving 1,850cad salary monthly, have a valid Qatar Residence ID and will expires on june 2020.

3. I have 11,000 cad in my bank account here (consistently depositing money monthly), i have credit card also.

4. I have Qatar (expired working visa and stamps) and Oman (i stayed 4days for tourism) on my passport and serves as my travel history.

5. I have Certificate of Employment (stating my joined date, salary,position) , approve leave application, No Objection Certificate from my company.

6. i have booked airplane ticket (going and return) and travel insurance as well.

7. I am single, 26yrs old. My parents and sister are my dependents who are living in the Philippines.

Would it be enough? Or do i need to work on some factors? I need your advices.

Thank you so much and God bless :)

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Far from guaranteed, IMO.

Invitation letter is only secondary.

Booked plane tickets do not provide any assurance to the VO. They prefer to see good employment and a bank account. The degree of difficulty if also generally tougher for applicants who are working outside their home countries.

paupau16

Star Member
Mar 21, 2019
Far from guaranteed, IMO.

Invitation letter is only secondary.

Booked plane tickets do not provide any assurance to the VO. They prefer to see good employment and a bank account. The degree of difficulty if also generally tougher for applicants who are working outside their home countries.

-->

Hi Bellaluna,

Does my employment and bank account are enough?

Yes, im working outside my home country, is it a red flag for VO?

Could u suggest what item should i work on to?

My travel history is not that okay, i think i need to workout on it also. thank you

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I can’t make any realistic suggestions to improve your application, if you’re asking me, sorry. I don’t think your salary and bank account, specially if you are sending money to your family back in the Philippines, are enough.

paupau16

Star Member
Mar 21, 2019
I can’t make any realistic suggestions to improve your application, if you’re asking me, sorry. I don’t think your salary and bank account, specially if you are sending money to your family back in the Philippines, are enough.
Hello bellaluna,

Should i not mention in my cover letter that my parents are dependent on me?

I could provide more than 11,000cad in my bank, is it enoguh?

I only have health and life insurance in the philippines under Sunlife. I dont have any properties under my name in my country, is it a red flag to the VO?

Im planning to apply japan and korea tourist visa this month since it requires visa (am thinking it can improve my travel history), and in addition to my qatar and oman stamps as travel history, is it enough? or should i apply schengen visa (thinking of Italy since its near Qatar) and go for travel?

Thank you :)

Kaedot

Aug 26, 2018
Hi,
I think you should put more effort in improving your home ties. The amount in your account should be enough for visit. As for travel history they mostly consider travel to countries like Australia,USA or western Europe.But I dont think that should be a problem for u. Try to improve your home ties with something like property or investments.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello bellaluna,

I only have health and life insurance in the philippines under Sunlife. I dont have any properties under my name in my country, is it a red flag to the VO?

Im planning to apply japan and korea tourist visa this month since it requires visa (am thinking it can improve my travel history), and in addition to my qatar and oman stamps as travel history, is it enough? or should i apply schengen visa (thinking of Italy since its near Qatar) and go for travel?

Again, just totally my personal and unprofessional opinion, your situation right now is too much to overcome within short notice. For example, if you say you are an OFW with your family in the Philippines dependent on you, I would want to have at the very least CA$25,000 bank account if you were to travel to Canada and try to convince the VO you are making comfortable money outside of Canada. Do you understand now why I'm very concerned about the funds and salary you will present? You don't want to make the VO think you will find a job in Canada if they give you a TRV.

You could try to apply right now, make what improvements you can with what you're trying to tell me, and either hope that the visa officer's opinion is different from mine, or you get a clearer answer of what the VO is looking for if they don't approve you.

Reactions: Bryanna and scylla

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello bellaluna,

You just admitted in another thread you intend to go to Canada to marry your partner in a same-sex marriage. That just complicates things even more since that pretty much means you will not be a temporary visitor...which is the intent of a TRV.

I am not as well-versed if conjugal sponsorship applies in your case, with you being in Qatar and of Philippine origin, but you also said your Canadian partner does not have enough to sponsor you even for a TRV, so that route is off the table.

Your friend as sponsor does not help. The best you can really do for now is apply for the TRV for now as a tourist, with a detailed budget and itinerary, and see what happens, and don't apply too soon afterward. I would not mention the friend or your partner in the application. Who knows, even a single-entry TRV will be enough in your case.

Alternatively, can you apply for PR directly through Express Entry? Your career is a skilled worker NOC, and if you say you can boost your funds a bit, you can meet the proof of funds requirement.

paupau16

Star Member
Mar 21, 2019
You just admitted in another thread you intend to go to Canada to marry your partner in a same-sex marriage. That just complicates things even more since that pretty much means you will not be a temporary visitor...which is the intent of a TRV.

I am not as well-versed if conjugal sponsorship applies in your case, with you being in Qatar and of Philippine origin, but you also said your Canadian partner does not have enough to sponsor you even for a TRV, so that route is off the table.

Your friend as sponsor does not help. The best you can really do for now is apply for the TRV for now as a tourist, with a detailed budget and itinerary, and see what happens, and don't apply too soon afterward. I would not mention the friend or your partner in the application. Who knows, even a single-entry TRV will be enough in your case.

Alternatively, can you apply for PR directly through Express Entry? Your career is a skilled worker NOC, and if you say you can boost your funds a bit, you can meet the proof of funds requirement.

Hi Bellaluna,

Thank you so much for your suggestions and advices. Main reason why im applying for a trv is to marry my partner in canada, that's the best option we could think because taiwan which is near the philippines is on its process of legalizing same sex marriage.

I have seen a blog from a Filipino in google, got to see that his trv app was approved with a 3-day itenerary. I think thats best thing to do, just to apply for a tourist with 3 day itenerary.

I have read the comment here from Kaedot, he suggests to improve my home ties that i should have property or investment. Can you suggest other option on how to improve my home ties since im working and living here in Qatar?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I’m curious why you’re not considering Express Entry, unless you’re in your 50s, if your goal will be to marry your partner. The process is longer and costlier for sure, but the requirements are black and white—TRV requirements are certainly very gray, although there tend to be general guidelines and trends that we’ve observed.

And very subjective. I don’t agree with the 3-day itinerary or necessarily buying property or investments in the Philippines. I tend to think about a 1-2 week itinerary is more realistic. But again, your application.

I don’t mean to be pilosopo, but I have no idea how you can improve your ties outside of Canada. You know your own profile best. I can only suggest for you to read up on more cases on this forum (go to the Visitors sub-category—there are more cases there, as this should be the sub-category for US-based applicants) so you can get an idea of what it takes and what you can present from what you already have.