+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need suggestions, how to do now.

tigerupside

Oct 29, 2007
Hi:

After I became PR as a single man, I returned my home country Asia and met my first wife there, we have a baby then, but the marriage lasted only 2 years, and most of the time we were not together. After we divorced I met my current wife then I applied the family class immigration for her, but in these forms for her, I did not mention the first marriage, first wife and my baby. Then this is the problem, now I want to sponsor my baby. If so, my application for the baby will be different to the forms submitted for my current wife. So, seriously, what can I explain this to CIC? Is this a serious problem?

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
I think you have a very serious problem and I'd suggest you consult an immigration lawyer immediately.

My understanding is that you cannot now sponsor a child that you didn't previously declare to CIC and also you have lied by omission on your application so there may be issues with your own status.

tigerupside

Oct 29, 2007
I know the situation you mentioned, but my case is all these was happened after I became PR, namely I provided real information when I submitted my own application. Is that no difference?

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
I sincerely apologise, I mis-read your first post.

I'm sorry but I can't help you. I know you definitely have a problem because you have been misleading on your Application to Sponsor (Q9 - previous relationships) so I would still suggest you consult an immigration lawyer if there isn't a more senior member who has any ideas.