+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need suggestions for New immigrant.

Mui

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Hi all. I have got my PR and planning to move to Toronto very soon. I need suggestions on how to search for a home, any reliable website that you know. How can I decide a place from outside Canada Please pour your advises. Thanks in advance.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Don't try and find an apartment from abroad. It's very easy to screw up and/or get scammed.

Use AirBnB or search for serviced apartments to find a one-month rental, come here, and then spend that month finding an apartment.

Don't ever send money via Western Union or any other money transfer service. This is a very common scam. AirBnB should be OK, but for the serviced apartments, pay them after you arrive in person.

Reactions: Mui

Mui

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Don't try and find an apartment from abroad. It's very easy to screw up and/or get scammed.

Use AirBnB or search for serviced apartments to find a one-month rental, come here, and then spend that month finding an apartment.

Don't ever send money via Western Union or any other money transfer service. This is a very common scam. AirBnB should be OK, but for the serviced apartments, pay them after you arrive in person.
Thanks.. how about address for pr card I can give the serviced appartments address??

heynow

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Hi all. I have got my PR and planning to move to Toronto very soon. I need suggestions on how to search for a home, any reliable website that you know. How can I decide a place from outside Canada Please pour your advises. Thanks in advance.
Try service apartments or Air bnb for few weeks.. do keep searching local listing sites regularly basis from D - 30 days onwards..this will give you idea about locality/schools jobs etc. Do not finalise anything before landing..