+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need suggestions for my application having IELTS L/R/W/S - 8.5/7/7.5/7.5

Nitesh Borad

Apr 17, 2021
I am from India, aged 29. Married. No child.

I have recently cracked IELTS with 7.5 bands overall and L/R/W/S - 8.5/7/7.5/7.5, having this score my CSR score for single applicant is 471. Which increased probability of getting an invitation, but I am thinking of applying with my wife who is having a bachelor's degree.

So with dependent my CRS could scored reduced to 464, considering her IELTS bands 6 in each module.

Now I need suggestions, whether I should apply alone or together ? considering current Express entry draw cut off score trend is it wise to apply for both altogether ?

Please provide me your useful suggestions.

Thank you.

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
Even if you apply alone, you still have to declare you are married and this won't help improving your CRS. You should ideally apply together and focus on improving your Wife's IELTS bands. It will not be much but still she can add 2-4 more points by improving the bands. Get ECA done for your Wife's degree and if she can get similar IELTS bands as yours then try making Wife as primary applicant. If her age is less then she may get 10-20 points extra than yours. In such case, your family CRS score can cross 470 or 475. Good luck!