+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need suggestion on cheap and reliable mode of transport from Airport to Brampto

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Hello, I will be landing in Toronto Pearson Airport a day after tomorrow i.e. on 8th Feb. I hope to get free from Airport formalities by 06:00 in the evening. I have checked online the cheapest taxi fare from Airport to my location in Bramption is around 50 dollar. Is there a cheap and better option that this like metro/subway, bus. Please suggest keeping in mind the ease of using them as it will be my first time out of India and will be first time in Canada.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
If this is your first time out of India , then stick to a cab. Metro/Subway could be confusing for first timer.

Please do share your landing experience.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Definitely take a cab, preferably prepaid since it's your first time, it's cold, you will have luggage and might be tired from the long flight.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Don't forget to allow for taxes and tip. Airport limo services are a safe alternative.

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Thank you guys! You all have been really helpful with your suggestions. I am also inclined to go with taxi prepaid option now, so I am booking one now. One more question-
The taxi I am booking is of flat rate and says that it includes all taxes, so do I need to tip the driver out of this fare and if yes, how much?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
knowAndShare said:
Thank you guys! You all have been really helpful with your suggestions. I am also inclined to go with taxi prepaid option now, so I am booking one now. One more question-
The taxi I am booking is of flat rate and says that it includes all taxes, so do I need to tip the driver out of this fare and if yes, how much?
Unless mentioned, tips are not included in fare+taxes. Tip is standard 15%.

I have always found it easier to not use prepaid taxis in North American airports. Just follow signs indicating "Ground Transport". Once you come out of gate you will most probably see a small line of people waiting to board a cab. Follow the line and once your turn comes , a cab will pull in front of you. Dump luggage in trunk , give pre-printed address to cab driver and there you go.

What if prepaid cab does not turn up on time? Do you have phone to call Cab driver in this scenario?
What if driver is at some other gate and you are somewhere else?

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Sharing my experience, as it may benefit other people.

On landing date, as expected I got free from PR formalities and baggage collection around 6. As soon as I stepped out of the airport glass door, I realized the chill in the wind. I did email one taxi service before my arrival and in reply they asked me to call them when I land. I didn't have any international sim with me at that time, so I went back inside and called them on their toll free number using one of the many pay by coin phones hanging near the exit gates. The taxi company people were quick and my cab did come in 5 min near my specific location to pick me. And they charged me pre-set fixed rate only.

Now after few days I do know how to travel from Point A to point B using public transit like bus or train but it is easy when you have google maps running on your phone which means internet should be running on your phone.

So my take is go with taxi option for your first ride because of different reasons already mentioned above but if you really want to be in conservation mode then get some data plans for your phone before your arrival and also chalk out your route plan to your destination which can be then be printed or exported as pdf file to your phone using Trip Planner tool present on websites of different transit companies. A route plan basically gives details like which bus to board from where and where to exit along with directions. So one to use bus one may save a lot by just paying 3.75 dollars only to their destination.

Trip planner tool is available on website of all transit companies. On example page is-
http://www.ttc.ca/Trip_planner/index.jsp

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Taxi is the simplest, and not particularly expensive considering you will have to contend with luggage especially.

methyl

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016, Received 02-08-2016. Out of status app.
Doc's Request.
PGR 30-11-2016
Nomination.....
SA Approved 31-08-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 23-08-2016. AOR2 30-11-2016
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Passport Req..
17-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
NetMecca said:
Taxi is the simplest, and not particularly expensive considering you will have to contend with luggage especially.
I think expensive/cheap is relative and very individual. If a person has been working all their life to save up $8000 to come to Canada with a family, $50 might be a week's worth of work or even a month's time worth of saving, after living expenses.

If money is a concern - some suggestions:
If you have a smartphone - you can connect to free Wi-Fi network at Pearson Airport, and probably other airports too. With this you can get directions and timing on public buses through Google Maps for example.
You can make free phone calls - check out applications like Google Hangouts Dialer - free calls across US and Canada.

If you do want a taxi - it will be cheaper if you walk from Terminal 3 literally for 1 minute onto the street. Check out intersection of American Dr. at Airport Rd, it is outside airport terminal zone and should be around $15 less in fare - what the airport authority charges all taxis. Order an Uber from there and pay about half of the cost of a taxi within the terminal.