+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need spouse visa as my wife is in canada on student visa

jaau

May 18, 2013
Hai Guys,

I want to apply for Canadian visitor visa as my wife is on student from 1 may 2013.

Please suggest me which visa can i apply visitor or depended?

How many funds I need?

Is that easy to get Canadian visa as I want to see my wife very soon because we married on 30 march 2013 and we spend only 1 month together.

I hope I will get good advice.

Thanks

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As usual:
Show VO ties in your home country stronger than "wife in Canada".
Ask visitor visa only for vacation.
Have money enough (you or your wife) for living and accommodation expenses for that period of time.
Explain to VO why you need to go to Canada to see your wife and not your wife to go to visit you and all her family back home on summer break.

bmtoronto

May 22, 2012
jaau said:
Hai Guys,

I want to apply for Canadian visitor visa as my wife is on student from 1 may 2013.

Please suggest me which visa can i apply visitor or depended?

How many funds I need?

Is that easy to get Canadian visa as I want to see my wife very soon because we married on 30 march 2013 and we spend only 1 month together.

I hope I will get good advice.

Thanks
Jaau, I know two options: You may apply for Visitor Visa or if eligible you may apply for a work permit.

Check this link to determine your eligibility for open work permit: www dot cic dot gc dot ca/english/study/work-spouse.asp

Just a heads up, it may take less time to get a Visitor visa compared to work permit. You need to check processing times for your Visa Office. One more thing is if you apply for a open work permit, you may be required to do a Medical Exam.

Check this link to determine if you need visa to enter Canada as a visitor: www dot cic dot gc dot ca/english/visit/visas.asp

PS: I could not post a web-link so I had to replace . with dot
PSS: I hope you will figure out how to connect this together and form a weblink. If not for the first link search "Help your spouse or common-law partner work in Canada" in Google. And for the second link search "Find out if you need a visa to enter Canada as a visitor" in Google.

jaau

May 18, 2013
Regina said:
As usual:
Show VO ties in your home country stronger than "wife in Canada".
Ask visitor visa only for vacation.
Have money enough (you or your wife) for living and accommodation expenses for that period of time.
Explain to VO why you need to go to Canada to see your wife and not your wife to go to visit you and all her family back home on summer break.

Thanks Regina,

How many funds i need?

what is success rate for this visitor visa?

Do i need any invitation letter from my wife?

I am in Australia on bridging visa that means I can leave Australia only for 3 months otherwise I can't enter again,is this will strong enough tie with Australia.

Thanks