+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need someadvice plz as soon as possible

brightstar87

Feb 19, 2013
hi i applied my spousal sponsorship in june 2012 and my aip was done in jan 2013 and i just recieved an email stating that they have transferred my application to my local immigration office for further assessment and they may contact you .is that something to worry about ? and what kinda questions they ask in the interview ?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Reply: need someadvice plz as soon as possible

brightstar87 said:
hi i applied my spousal sponsorship in june 2012 and my aip was done in jan 2013 and i just recieved an email stating that they have transferred my application to my local immigration office for further assessment and they may contact you .is that something to worry about ? and what kinda questions they ask in the interview ?
Hello @brightstar87, I believe that is a standard "form" letter we all get. Not to worry, they just mean once they start processing your application if they need any more information they will contact you. Not everyone gets interviewed either. Usually if an interview is requested it is much further along in the process. If you google "Canadian immigration spouse interview questions" there are all kinds of lists and helpful hints. Best wishes.

brightstar87

Feb 19, 2013
thanks for ur help .and now the local office is gonna inform me about their decision and do u have any idea how long its gona take now? and my other question is that i never applied for work permit with my application and i thought i was under implied status and my student visa expired .can it be an issue to worry about ? i mean right now i dont have a valid status .

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Reply: need someadvice plz as soon as possible

brightstar87 said:
thanks for ur help .and now the local office is gonna inform me about their decision and do u have any idea how long its gona take now? and my other question is that i never applied for work permit with my application and i thought i was under implied status and my student visa expired .can it be an issue to worry about ? i mean right now i dont have a valid status .
Unfortunately I do not know anything about work permits or student visas so you will need to sit tight and see if another forum member can help you further. You can go on the CIC website to check processing times from the visa office that will receive your application. "How long does it take" is a big question for all of us and it depends on the specific circumstances of each of our files. Good luck!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
brightstar87 said:
Implied status only comes when you apply for the OWP with PR. You should have included the OWP or at least applied to change your status to visitor before the expiry of your student visa.

You are currently in Canada illegally.

brightstar87

Feb 19, 2013
oh ok .but m out of status right now and i applied inland and once my decision is made and after that when i send my passport can it be an issue that my status is expired ?and is there any way i can restore it .i never knew that otherwise i would have applied my work permit with my application .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
brightstar87 said:
oh ok .but m out of status right now and i applied inland and once my decision is made and after that when i send my passport can it be an issue that my status is expired ?and is there any way i can restore it .i never knew that otherwise i would have applied my work permit with my application .
Restoration depends on when your previous visa expired. You can only apply to restore your status within 90 days of the expiry.

The sponsorship eligibility page states "You can apply as a sponsor if your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or accompanying dependent children live with you in Canada, even if they do not have legal status in Canada. However, all the other requirements must be met." So it shouldn't really affect the PR app.

If PR is granted, you might have to go through a bit more rigorous landing interview when they realize you have been illegal but I don't believe that they can deny you entry, as legal status isn't a requirement to be sponsored.

Being illegal might affect you in dealing with immigration officials in other countries. Many visa apps for other countries ask on the app whether you have ever overstayed a visa.

brightstar87

Feb 19, 2013
i really appreciate ur help .i had a legal status when i applied but it expired later so it shouldnt be a problem ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I can't give you a guarantee but based on what CIC states on the website, it shouldn't be a problem for the PR app.