+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Some Information on Undergraduate Study Budget (first time in the forum)

rahatrocks1

Jan 6, 2016
Hello, My Name is Zayed. I am from Bangladesh. I have passed my HSC in 2015. I am from Science Background

Is it possible to complete Undergraduate course with 40 lakh BDT . Specially in Universities which have competitively low tuition fees Like Memorial University. And if I do Per Time job (after getting work permit), Will it cover my living expenses at least ?
I am taking IELTS preparation. so it will be helpful for me to know all the drawbacks before going to the next step.

Thanks in Advance :)

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3

check out #3.

whether you have part time job or not in canada , you have to satisfy VO in order to get study permit.

rahatrocks1

Jan 6, 2016
yah I can show these or will try . Bt my point was will 72KCAD (4years) be enough for my tuition fees in Canada in some low cost universities. And is it possible to manage living expenses by doing per-time work and doing work in summer ?

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
rahatrocks1 said:
yah I can show these or will try . Bt my point was will 72KCAD (4years) be enough for my tuition fees in Canada in some low cost universities. And is it possible to manage living expenses by doing per-time work and doing work in summer ?
Assuming you're looking to do a standard 4-year undergraduate degree, 72k CAD should be enough for tuition fees. I go to Memorial and the international tuition is a little under $5k per semester with a full course load of 5 courses per semester. The tuition may increase in the near future, though, so you need to be prepared for that.

You can work at most 20 hours per week during semesters, and full time during scheduled breaks (summer, Christmas, etc.) The minimum wage in Newfoundland is currently $10.50 per hour, so you can do the math on how much you can earn. Don't forget that taxes will be initially taken out of your wages, but you'll likely get some of them back when you do your taxes later. You can estimate 20% tax to be on the safe side. Theoretically you could probably survive if you work as much as you can, or get a job that pays significantly better than minimum wage and work a little less. But do remember that landing a job especially in the beginning may not be easy. Also if you work 20 hours per week during semesters while taking 5 courses at university, you won't have a lot of time left for studying.

If you can choose a co-op program, do so. Work terms are a great way to get work experience and earn some money for living.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahatrocks1 said:
this is my experience of living and studying in Manitoba so don't know other provinces.

1. Tuition
normally science courses costs more than arts program (due to it has lab class too )
so if you takes science program , your tuition would start from 5000 (fall to winter semester and 4-5 classes total )
arts program probably around CDN 5000
you can check out Uni. website to get specific amount.

2. living expense.

if you live with roommate, your rental would cost around 300 (per month) or less. (2 pp shares bachelor or one bedroom)
Most retal properties includes water and heat, so you would need to split to pay hydro, which is cost between 20 and 25.
food around 200 and another miscellaneous cost : cell phone, text book, transportation etc.

3. work
minimum wage in MB is 10.70 but normally you would get paid between 11 to 12.
if you work full time during the summer, you would collect around 1500 after tax per month. (you can work through whole summer :May- Aug )

you can figure out all numbers for living expense and tuition etc.

Good luck.

rahatrocks1

Jan 6, 2016
Thanks for all the suggestions and information. I was bit nervous and confused about the whole situation. Thanks