+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need some information about work .....

samkor

Star Member
May 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,
i am BE mechanical Engineer (presently working in South Korea) and planning to apply under 4131..but i have some basic doubt....
(1) i am Indian....and i heard that there is not value for Engineering Degree and for better job i must have Canadian Education....
(2) what would be basic salary for New immigrants?
i know it will be depends upon type of job and Province........but just want to know what is average salary?
(3)what and how much taxes are over salary?
and last Q: from where i have to put file India or South Korea?

many thanks in advance.......

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am BE mechanical Engineer (presently working in South Korea) and planning to apply under 4131..but i have some basic doubt....
(1) i am Indian....and i heard that there is not value for Engineering Degree and for better job i must have Canadian Education....
IT IS NOT TRUE. ENGINEERING DEGREES ARE IN DEMAND NOW. YOU CAN FURTHER STUDY TO GET YOUR MASTER IN ENGINEERING. THERE IS NO NEED TO REPEAT BACHELOR IN ENGINEERING TO GET GOOD JOB IN CANADA.

TO GET GOOD JOB, YOU REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE IN CANADA.

(2) what would be basic salary for New immigrants?
i know it will be depends upon type of job and Province........but just want to know what is average salary?
AT LEAST $3000/- OR ABOVE DEPEND ON WORK AND PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE

(3)what and how much taxes are over salary?
NO TAX OR LITTLE TAX ON $3000/-. YOU MUST PAY TAX LATER WHEN YOU EARN HIGH SALARY.

and last Q: from where i have to put file India or South Korea?
ARE YOUR ON WORK PERMIT IN KOREA? WHEN ARE YOU COMING BACK TO INDIA? ARE YOU PERMANENT RESIDENT IN KOREA?

samkor

Star Member
May 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for your reply.....
i am in Korea since Oct.2008 and i have work permit.
my contract is going to renew Oct.2010..so not sure whether it going to renew or not.but up to Oct.2010 i am in Korea.

PPS7

Star Member
Apr 24, 2010
Hi Samcor,
According to me answer to your question are as follows>>>>>>>>>>>>>
1) Definitely you need Canadian master degree......and it should be from good university to get good job in Canada.
2) Actually it depend on your job, if you are asking about survival jobs...then per hour rates varies from $8.75 to $13.10 and it depend upon the province you choose......so in survival jobs you have potential to earn 1400-2000 before tax.
3) Tax structure depend upon your earning....in survival job you have pay deduction will be appox. 15% which include health insurance by company and federal as well as province tax.
4)if your contract renewed for more two year, i will suggest you to apply from south Korea as you have to wait for security clearance after submitting passport that can take 5-6 month and even more......if you applied from India you need to send passport to india and sending passport in or out is illegal and also you have to wait in india till you got security clearance.

PPS7

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samkor said:
thanks for your reply.....
i am in Korea since Oct.2008 and i have work permit.
my contract is going to renew Oct.2010..so not sure whether it going to renew or not.but up to Oct.2010 i am in Korea.
You should apply from Korea. When you fill the initial application forms, fill the local visa office in Korea. Do not mention the local visa office is New Delhi India.

Find the name of city, where the local visa office of canada is there.