NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
Hi All,

My PR is approved and I am planning to short land in next few months for a week and then return back to my home country as I am still working in my home country.

I will be traveling with my wife and daughter less than a year old.

I have few questions and need expert opinion:

1. Can I give my friend's address for PR card deliver?.
2. Can I stay in a hotel/airbnb accommodation and give address of my friend only for card delivery i.e. can the place of my stay and PR card delivery be different?.
3. Is it ok to tell immigration officer truth that I am doing back in week's time or will i be asked if i am traveling back or migrated permanently? I want to be honest and upfront and would prefer to tell the truth.

The reason why I want to short travel is because my daughter is less than one year so I want to ensure all the initial vaccination are done before leaving my country plus it will also give me more time to windup things at home.

Any help will or advice is much appreciated.

Regards,
Amit.

Regards,
Amit.

harmanm

Star Member
Nov 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
hi Amit

although i am not an expert in this matter. but i read a post today on rejection while landing. And i read that somebody was refused the residency because the guy told the officer that he is leaving back to home country soon. And the visa officer refused the residency and told the guy to apply for residency when he wishes to move permanently to Canada. this is what i read though. i dont think so telling the visa officer about your plans to go back is good idea (unless you show buy a return ticket). it really wont matter to the officer what you plan to do in future. Just tell him what he asks you and dont mention about going back. It might become a problem.

if i find the link to the thread..i will post it here..

thanks

harmanm

Star Member
Nov 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
here is the link...hope it will be helpful
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/have-you-ever-seen-or-heard-anyone-who-was-rejected-the-pr-during-landing-t483237.0.html

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
harmanm said:
hi Amit

although i am not an expert in this matter. but i read a post today on rejection while landing. And i read that somebody was refused the residency because the guy told the officer that he is leaving back to home country soon. And the visa officer refused the residency and told the guy to apply for residency when he wishes to move permanently to Canada. this is what i read though. i dont think so telling the visa officer about your plans to go back is good idea (unless you show buy a return ticket). it really wont matter to the officer what you plan to do in future. Just tell him what he asks you and dont mention about going back. It might become a problem.

if i find the link to the thread..i will post it here..

thanks
the last point is what everyone is advised be honest but do not volunteer extra information to CBSA and of course make sure you have any documents required to make a landing.

Many people do short landings and is very easy to overthink things and fine it can depend on the CBSA agent sometimes whether someone gets a hard time landing but generally that would be due to fact they were not prepared or volunteered information that generated follow on questions.

Ultimately someone landing has done all the hard work upfront and CBSA are the final check point that eveything is in order , they dont care what anyone does post landing, once you hear the words ' welcome to Canada' you are done. Then you just have to worry about finding a job, somewhere to live and if leaving the country for a while making sure you meet residency obligation.