+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need some info for worker permit

gurminnder

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
hello friends i have uncle he is driver for more than 20 years i want to help in getting work permit from canada.
can anybody guide me pls...
he is poor(you know about salary of drivers in india) he does not have money to pay to lawyers so i have decided to help him by the help from this forum....
their are some questions i want to ask pls answer them genuinely it will be like doing a favor to poor guy...

1:my first question he is above 50 years can he apply for work permit?
2:he has completed only 10th can he apply after 10th he is agreed to do ielts.

pls guys waiting for your response.
bye take care.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
The suggestion to contact Leon is good.

I would add what i know. He would need a job offer from a canadian employer to be considered for work permit. The employer needs to obtain LMO for him too. I have never heard there is any age restriction as long as he can provide evidence of work experience for the same job that is offered in Canada and license / training etc. what ever is required.

No lawyer needed as such.

Also often people post jobs on this forum too (i think one was posted last week, mentioning around 30 or so jobs, truck driver was one of which) and asking you to send resumes if qualified.

gurminnder

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
thanks for your reply really appreciate that. :)
but i have read somewhere that atleast 12 years of study or completion of secondary school is required is it true?
he has only done 10th.
will that be issue even after lmo.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
No problem, though i haven't explicitly seen it written any where, i can't imagine those going for low / unskilled jobs would possess it i.e. at least 12 years of education. It might be a requirement for skilled job i.e. NOC codes 0, A or B which allow bringing your family along. In fact skilled jobs might require higher education such as for my NOC code 2174, i.e. software developer, at least a bachelor's degree (15-16) years is required.

I suggest you look for NOC code for truck drivers in canadian job occupation list. It lists all requirements for a job too. If their is a minimum number of years of education requirement, it would be listed there (though i expect it is unlikely).

That being said, IELTS with an english communication score that is bare minimum acceptable would be a must. I have seen mechanic visas with credible 10+ years of experience being rejected for same reason i.e. low english score like 3.5 in IELTS.

gurminnder

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
thanks again for your reply.
here they have written.....
noc 7511 Transport truck drivers...

Completion of secondary school is usually required.
On-the-job-training is provided.
Completion of an accredited driver training course of up to three months duration, through a vocational school or community college, may be required.
A Class 3 or D licence is required to drive straight-body trucks.
A Class 1 or A licence is required to drive long combination vehicles.
Air brake endorsement (Z) is required for drivers who operate vehicles equipped with air brakes.
Transportation of dangerous goods (TDG) certification is required for drivers who transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
Additional licensing endorsement or certification may be required to drive articulated trucks.

so i think he is not qualified? :(

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
gurminnder said:
thanks again for your reply.
here they have written.....
noc 7511 Transport truck drivers...

Completion of secondary school is usually required.
On-the-job-training is provided.
Completion of an accredited driver training course of up to three months duration, through a vocational school or community college, may be required.
A Class 3 or D licence is required to drive straight-body trucks.
A Class 1 or A licence is required to drive long combination vehicles.
Air brake endorsement (Z) is required for drivers who operate vehicles equipped with air brakes.
Transportation of dangerous goods (TDG) certification is required for drivers who transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
Additional licensing endorsement or certification may be required to drive articulated trucks.

so i think he is not qualified? :(
I think you still make a fair case if he possess all other things. "Usually" required makes me think they might make an exception if he meets all other requirements. In my opinion it is worth a shot.

gurminnder

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
thanks for your support guys......
i talked to him and he said he is ready to do +2 but my question is does his experience prior to +2 will be counted or not?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
The challenge (apart from getting a job offer) will be convincing the visa officer that your uncle has strong ties to home that will make him leave before his visa expires. He will need to show that he has savings, perhaps property, spouse, a job to return to, etc. I don't mean to discourage you in your quest, but if you search this forum you will find many refusals for this reason. I want to give you a heads up so you can do your best to meet this criteria, too. All the best.

gurminnder

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
thanks for your reply sir....
i think he can convince.....
his family(his wife and two children will be here) i think that would be good enough?
i have a question will his +2 distance education certificate will be acceptable by embassy?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I don't think so. The Visa officer is looking for a lot more proof that he has good prospects that will draw him back home. Take a look at refusals on many other previous threads. Also look on the Canadian job websites at what qualifications the employers are looking for. Check out northern Alberta as there are lots of trucking jobs in that area I think.

gurminnder

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
lmo is not a problem he have a relative canada he can get that but main problem is getting work permit from embassy.....

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
That is lovely to hear about the LMO!! So now you really have to make that work permit application a strong one. Don't under estimate the importance of making the first app a winner with ALL evidence of uncle's ties to home. Don't be fooled - while it is a huge help to have the job offer, having a relative IN CANADA actually is a negative for him as it increases his pull to Canada so you have to provide even MORE proof his ties to home are strong. Good luck.

gurminnder

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
ok thanks for your reply.
but we will not show he has a relative in canada.
so my question is again same can he do go for work permit with 10 years of study in life?