+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some help

ashwin85

Dec 28, 2017
I Currently hold a stamped Passport (last date of entry-4/4/2018) along with CoPR as a reply to my PNP to Nova Scotia along with my wife. I am at the moment based in New Zealand with my Master Degree course finishing by the Mid July of 2018, and my wife working alongside. We wish to settle in Canada and find some job suitable to my qualifications. But the problem is that i cannot skip classes for long before the semester breaks. I need some inputs regarding how to tackle this problem of completing the course and holding on to the PR in Canada.

• Is it possible for me to enter Canada for a few days, give my friend's address for the PR card and then head back to NZ for my course?, if so what is the minimum days needed to be in Canada?.
  • How can i travel back to NZ and re-enter Canada( do i need to produce a statement proposing reason of travelling back to NZ).
  • What all essentials do i need to consider getting once in Canada (like Health Insurance, Tax number etc..)
  • Is Halifax only my Port of Entry as i was with PNP- Nova Scotia.
Any help on these matters would be of great help.

Cheers,

Ashwin Alex

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
I Currently hold a stamped Passport (last date of entry-4/4/2018) along with CoPR as a reply to my PNP to Nova Scotia along with my wife. I am at the moment based in New Zealand with my Master Degree course finishing by the Mid July of 2018, and my wife working alongside. We wish to settle in Canada and find some job suitable to my qualifications. But the problem is that i cannot skip classes for long before the semester breaks. I need some inputs regarding how to tackle this problem of completing the course and holding on to the PR in Canada.

• Is it possible for me to enter Canada for a few days, give my friend's address for the PR card and then head back to NZ for my course?, if so what is the minimum days needed to be in Canada?.
You can leave by the next flight. Once you clear immigration at port of entry, you are a PR and free to move.
  • How can i travel back to NZ and re-enter Canada( do i need to produce a statement proposing reason of travelling back to NZ).
You are free to go back to New Zealand. For entering Canada you have the following options
- PR card, assuming your friend sends you the PR card.
- Apply for PR travel document form your home country. This document allows one to enter Canada without a PR card.
- Go to US and enter Canada by road. Passport and COPR would be required.

• What all essentials do i need to consider getting once in Canada (like Health Insurance, Tax number etc..)
- SIN. Happens at POE for some else you can go to any of the service Canada centres
- Open a bank account and if possible have a credit card. Credit card can help you in building credit history.
- Apply for driving license. Some provinces have a wait period to apply for the next level of driving license. Your time out from Canada would help.
- Medical. Avoid, apply for it once you are back to Canada in 2018. (Would like someone to confirm)

• Is Halifax only my Port of Entry as i was with PNP- Nova Scotia.
You can enter anywhere in Canada, however since you are PNP nominated there can be questions on your intentions of settling in Nova Scotia. From your side ensure that you have connected flight tickets, hotel reservation for any place in Nova Scotia. Though not asked, however there have been a few instances where the immigration officer have asked about one going to the province that nominated.

Any help on these matters would be of great help.

Cheers,

Ashwin Alex