+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need some help with work permit process timelines

vickycan

Jul 28, 2022
Hello,

I have few queries regarding work permit visa process, I have been offered with a job opportunity(Full stack developer) in Toronto, Canada. The job has been referred by my current employer(India) and the canadian employer hired a law firm representative to process the application, I have been informed that they have received positive LIMA in 1st week of june, and later in two weeks we have gathered all the necessary documents and formalities. Now, here comes my query I have been waiting from the past 45days to hear some updates from them regarding the submission of my application or biometric request update.

Last time during mid july when I enquired, I got a response from them that my application is under review with the law firm.

So, Can you help me with some information on this like, I hear many submit their application as soon as they gather all documents, but in my case its a little different, and also I heard from some source that a law firm handles work permit by completing all the background process and submits the application so they might get a quick response. Can you help me with my situation.

Thankyou,

Redash

Jun 11, 2022
Hello,

I have few queries regarding work permit visa process, I have been offered with a job opportunity(Full stack developer) in Toronto, Canada. The job has been referred by my current employer(India) and the canadian employer hired a law firm representative to process the application, I have been informed that they have received positive LIMA in 1st week of june, and later in two weeks we have gathered all the necessary documents and formalities. Now, here comes my query I have been waiting from the past 45days to hear some updates from them regarding the submission of my application or biometric request update.

Last time during mid july when I enquired, I got a response from them that my application is under review with the law firm.

So, Can you help me with some information on this like, I hear many submit their application as soon as they gather all documents, but in my case its a little different, and also I heard from some source that a law firm handles work permit by completing all the background process and submits the application so they might get a quick response. Can you help me with my situation.

Thankyou,
Under which category are they applying your work permit ?
If it comes under GTS, then the law firm needs to ensure that the company meets all the criteria and the salary being offered is with the average salary range.

vickycan

Jul 28, 2022
Thanks for replying, I hope its GTS and my salary meets the minimum of high wage salary.

So, if its under GTS will the law firm does any review or background verification as my application hasn't been submitted yet after gathering all documents (it's been 45 days).

Thankyou

Redash

Jun 11, 2022
Thanks for replying, I hope its GTS and my salary meets the minimum of high wage salary.

So, if its under GTS will the law firm does any review or background verification as my application hasn't been submitted yet after gathering all documents (it's been 45 days).

Thankyou
If it's been 45 days, I doubt whether they really have an approved LMIA.
For GTS, the company needs to show a detailed roadmap of their hiring plan for the next 3-5 years.
Also, some employers initiate background check of the employees before initiating the Work Permit.
The best option is to talk to your hiring manager and check on the status.

BTW, don't get disillusioned by 2 weeks processing time of GTS.
As per the current trends, it is taking anywhere between 10-12 weeks after you've given your biometric.

You may refer the below Google Sheet and enter your details once you've given your Biometrics.. Good Luck!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14KeqQDN7w6CVMHN4TrkSY73x6QciQZCQqIqULBMjPJA/edit#gid=1507984428

Reactions: vickycan