+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some help regarding the Funds Question under Family Section

JayGohil

Apr 19, 2020
I was filling my express entry profile and saw a question that left me confused. The question read as below:

"How much money (in Canadian dollars) will [NAME] bring to Canada to support themselves and their family? (required)"

The thing is that I came to Canada as a Student with GIC and after graduation got my three year work permit. I am currently in second year of my Work Permit. So, how does this question apply to my situation because I am already in here and working (NOC Skill Level A)?

The thing is that I don't have much when it comes to savings as this is my first job and I am just concerned that it would result into my request getting rejected.

JayGohil

Apr 19, 2020
Are you qualifying for CEC, i.e. do you have more than one year of skilled Canadian work experience in the last 3 years?

If yes, you can put 0.

If you only qualify for FSW or FST, you will need the funds.
Yes. I have two years of experience. One Year and One Month at one Company and 11 Months at my current one.

JayGohil

Apr 19, 2020
You can choose $0 for this question. CEC candidates do not need proof of funds.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

That helps clear a lot of doubts. Thanks. One last question if you don't mind. Under "Intended Work In Canada", which job details should I fill in? I completed a year and a month with my previous job and with the current job I have, I am one month short of a Year.

Previous Job - From March 12 2018 to April 30 2019 (1 Year and 1 Month)
Current Job - From May 6 2019 to [Currently Working] (11 Months)

Thank You.

JayGohil

Apr 19, 2020
I'm not sure what question you are referring to. Please post exact wording of the question.
Under Work History, there is a tab called "Intended Work in Canada". And the questions in the tab are as follows:

1) Does [NAME] have a job offer in Canada? The offer must: be for full-time and for at least one year meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
2) Is this job offer for work that is: full-time, continuous and for at least one year?
3) Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal?
4) Four digit NOC code
5) Job Title
6) How many employers made this job offer?

Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):

7) An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada?
8) An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada?
9) Employer or company name
10) Contact address of employer or company
11) Province or territory
12) City/town
13) Street address
14) Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?
15) Is [NAME] currently working in Canada?

PS: I have an open work permit.

Last edited:

JayGohil

Apr 19, 2020