+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC (PGWP) - Intended Work In Canada

wali2017

Feb 8, 2017
Hi,

I got ITA under CEC (PGWP). I am working for more than 1 year now in a permanent full time position. I have filled up the Work History questions as below:

Intended Work In Canada:

Does [MyName] have a job offer in Canada? => Yes
Is this job offer for work that is: full-time, continuous and for at least one year? => Yes
Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal? => Yes
Four digit NOC code => 2171
Job title => Business System Analyst (current job)
How many employers made this job offer? => 1
Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):
An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada? => No
An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada? => No
Employer or company name => [NameOfMyCompany]
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? => NO
Is [MyName] currently working in Canada? => YES
Does [MyName] have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? => YES (PGWP)
Is [MyName]'s job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? => NO
Has [MyName] been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?) => YES
Four digit NOC code of current work permit => 2171
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? => NO

My question is, are these answers correct as I am working under PGWP.

Thanks a lot for helping.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
wali2017 said:
Does [MyName] have a job offer in Canada? => Yes
This means that, for the purpose of your PR application, your employer has given you a letter stating that you have a future offer of employment for at least one year, once you become a permanent resident.

You have not indicated whether or not your employer has (or will) give you this letter. So it is impossible to say whether you have answered correctly.

You can read here, the definition(s) of a valid job offer -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

T111

Sep 7, 2017
Hi,
I have the same case and answered yes, under offer of employment (but my ITA says : Arranged employment score = 0)
I have been working full time with the same company since 2016 and have all the required letters from them. Since I have not yet submitted, can I Change my answer to "NO offer"? Will it affect my points even though I am already working?
I do not have a future offer from the same employer!
Please help!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,
I have the same case and answered yes, under offer of employment (but my ITA says : Arranged employment score = 0)
I have been working full time with the same company since 2016 and have all the required letters from them. Since I have not yet submitted, can I Change my answer to "NO offer"? Will it affect my points even though I am already working?
I do not have a future offer from the same employer!
If you do not have a future offer, you should answer no, because you don't meet the requirements of having a "valid job offer." You can correct/change your answers any time before you receive the ITA.

T111

Sep 7, 2017
If you do not have a future offer, you should answer no, because you don't meet the requirements of having a "valid job offer." You can correct/change your answers any time before you receive the ITA.
Thank you for your response!
I recevied an ITA to apply under CEC, but now I changed my response to NO. According to the scores I received, it has not added any score for the offer since "Arranged employment score = 0". Do you think changing it now will negatively impact my application even though I still have proof for all other details I provided?
Should I place a Letter of explanation explaining why i answered "Yes" before the ITA or should I not?

your help is much appreciated.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thank you for your response!
I recevied an ITA to apply under CEC, but now I changed my response to NO. According to the scores I received, it has not added any score for the offer since "Arranged employment score = 0". Do you think changing it now will negatively impact my application even though I still have proof for all other details I provided?
Should I place a Letter of explanation explaining why i answered "Yes" before the ITA or should I not?

your help is much appreciated.
If it did not affect your score, you're OK. And yes, a brief letter of explanation will be required. Lots of people make this mistake, don't worry.

T111

Sep 7, 2017
If it did not affect your score, you're OK. And yes, a brief letter of explanation will be required. Lots of people make this mistake, don't worry.
Thank you! that's quite reassuring indeed. I shall mention the same in the letter of explanation.

adham88

Aug 19, 2018
I guess this question is for people who have LIMA so they can get points for that, mainly arranged employment through FSW? I am guessing here I could not find firm answer on IRCC website, if there is any please share it with me.
could you please tell us here how things go with your application?
Thank you for your help in advance.