+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some guidance seniors please help issues regarding landing

jazzy1991

Aug 21, 2013
Hello

My sponsor has applied for a Permanent Residency and got the visa stamped but is due to land in Canada after the visa by feb 2014 but he is a little bit stuck in his job and cannot go right now so is it possible for me to land before him
and what happens if he or/and I are unable to land before the expiry date i.e feb 2014 do our PR get revoked and we have to start the procedure from scratch again?
please answer in as much detail as possible
all efforts are highly appreciated
regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your post is a bit confusing - but I'll do my best to answer.

It sounds like you and your spouse applied for PR together. Is that right? It also sounds like your spouse is the primary / principal applicant. Is this also correct? If so, then your spouse must land before the expiry date on the visa. You cannot land before your spouse lands. You must either land with your spouse or after your spouse. If your spouse does not land before the expiry date on the visa, then you must start the application process again from scratch.

If I have misunderstood your question - please provide more details.

jazzy1991

Aug 21, 2013
Yes certainly thats the case.
I also want to ask if my spouse that is my sponsor lands on or before the expiry of the date bit in some case i am unable to land will i still be entitled to my PR or it will be revoked and i have to saat the procesure from.the start and if this happens does it affect my PR afterwards
Thanks for the reply

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You must BOTH land before the expiry dates on your own documents. The principal applicant must land first or at exactly the same time as anyone else on the application. None of this is open to negotiation.
If you do not land in time but he has, he will keep his new PR and you will not get yours. He would then have to raise a new application to sponsor you from the beginning under the Family Class. He would also have to remain inside Canada to do this and during the whole of the application processing time, apart from the occasional SHORT vacation.

In other words DO NOT BE LATE... Even if he has to give up his job to land.

jazzy1991

Aug 21, 2013
thanks zardoz and Scylla for your guidance highly appreciate your effort and it will be of great benefit to us