+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some Expert advice please !!!

Schmutz

May 29, 2010
I received my PR status and landed in Vancouver in September 2010, I had to leave due to family reasons and return to my home country with the intention of settling in a few months time. However this has now turned to 2 years due to several reasons including that my profession has now become regulated in BC and am still waiting for my licence to practice for the past 7 months! I have decided to return to Canada to settle and am in possession of my PR card. Based on my travel date I would have stayed out of Canada for 718 days. According to the immigration website i am not eligible to apply for a travel document as it is less than 730 days. I have a few desperate questions
1. Will I have trouble entering Canada since I have stayed out for so long and quite close to the 730 days cut off? Will I need to give proof of reasons for staying out?
2. How do i prove the no of days out of the country? Do they have a record of entry and exit into the country as there is no exit stamp on my passport. I have lost my previous boarding passes but have a copy of my tickets.
3. Do i need a visa stamp on my passport to enter or is the PR card enough? I have renewed my passport last year and the new passport has no stamps.

4. Can I still apply for a travel document (despite the duration out only being less than 730 days) inorder to secure my entry? If possible how long will this take?

I'm very worried about my entry back into the country and any help and advice is appreciated. ::)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) No, as long as your PR card is still valid
2) You only need to prove the no. of days you are in Canada
3) You need both your passport and PR card to enter Canada
4) As long as your PR card is still valid, you don't need a travel document

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are not at all close to not meeting the residency requirements because they are 730 days or more in Canada or up to 1095 days outside Canada. You still have a year to enter.

Travel documents are for PR's who are without PR cards or whose cards are expired. You do not need one and I doubt you will even get one because your card is still valid.