+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some advise about Postgraduate of IT in Canada

javaman

Dec 7, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have finished bachelor of IT in VietNam, and now I would like to take a course about Postgraduate of IT (level 8) not Master degree. I start with Googling, but so much university and colleges in Canada, some universities and colleges seem not to be for International Student for apply, and some of them have the Postgraduate program but no more information for me to know if that program is for international student or not.
Then, I would like to ask everyone here, please give me some advise which university / college have the Postgraduate of IT, and it is available for International student

Thanks you so much with your information

Dec 8, 2014
Hello there,
If you go the the Macleans website, you might be able to find specific schools that specialize in that. If you don't find any, then you might want to try canadian universities dot net.

Hope this helps!

javaman

Dec 7, 2014
Thanks you so much for your information, it is very helpful with me.

Can I have another question about Canada Education System? I really can't understand what is the mean of these quantification below:
1) Certificate
2) Degree
3) Diploma
4) Post-graduate certificate
5) Post-diploma
And what quantification or course for me as a bachelor of IT can apply to study at Canada
Please help me, Thank you so much for your information.

kvan

Nov 24, 2014
Hi, I'm a recent grad from an IT program in Canada. I got Advanced Diploma.

As I known,
1)Certificate - is given to students who finish a short course(1 year maybe)
2)Degree(Master or Bachelor) - is given by an university or college. Usually take 3-4 years for Bachelor Degree and 1-2 year for a Master Degree
3)Diploma - given by colleges. There are two of them. Regular and Advanced. and it takes 2-3 years depends on your selection.
4)Post-graduate certificate - A post-graduate certificate from Seneca is the ideal choice for recent postsecondary graduates seeking specialized career preparation. For professionals, a post-graduate certificate can lead to career advancement or provide a pathway to a new career in just one year(From Seneca).
5)Post-diploma - Never know this type before. I guess it like a second degree after you've got one. For example, if you graduate from a business administration program, you may be able to apply for Accounting Program. And you will finish it in 2 years. - This is my best guess.

A lot of students got Bachelor of Computer Science or Computer Engineer from their country(India ..etc) comes to Canada and they take a 3 year Diploma program. That way they can easily have a co-op job that may lead to a full time position after graduate.

But if you have good English + experience, just apply for a Master Degree. You can finish it in 1-2 years and after Apply for Permanent Resident through PNP program.(You don't need a job to quantified this stream).