+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Some Advice

daktir

May 4, 2018
Berlin
Hey there, here's a messy tale.

Applied for the study permit on the 25th (April) for the May intake, no results yet. That May intake in question has started this Monday. The school is -somewhat- allowing me get there a bit late. However there is a deadline for registration, which is this Friday, and it requires the study permit to be completed. I kinda see my hopes are appalling on this.

Any advices? I feel like this is the time to write an email to the embassy with a "urgent" on the title. Other than that, I'm basically lost.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey there, here's a messy tale.

Applied for the study permit on the 25th (April) for the May intake, no results yet. That May intake in question has started this Monday. The school is -somewhat- allowing me get there a bit late. However there is a deadline for registration, which is this Friday, and it requires the study permit to be completed. I kinda see my hopes are appalling on this.

Any advices? I feel like this is the time to write an email to the embassy with a "urgent" on the title. Other than that, I'm basically lost.
There's no expedite processing and the embassy won't respond to an urgent email request. Unfortunately you applied extremely late - so it was almost certain processing wouldn't be done in time.

If you don't have an approved visa by Friday, you should contact your school and request that they defer you to the next semester - then contact CIC and provide them with confirmation your enrollment has been deferred.

Reactions: PARAM-

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Except that I didn't. It's (or was) supposed to be done in one week.
No - you applied late.

The posted processing times are just estimates - not guaranteed processing times. It's quite possible for processing to take months. The posted processing times also apply to extremely straight forward cases (i.e. person applying is a citizen). You've said you don't have citizenship in Germany in another thread and that your situation there is messy. Your case isn't straight-forward.