+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some advice on my application for my Chances for v from Expert members !!!

Ajay Kafle

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Hello everyone, i apply paper application through VFS Kathmandu on 7 July. still waiting for good news.
My here is Profile
12th > 49.50 %
IELTS > L-8, R-5.5, W-6.5, S-6.5 Overall 6.5
Got acceptance Conditional letter from Red River College, Winnipeg Canada
Course < 2 Year Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management.
1 full year fee paid in advance.
My brother( in winnipeg, Canada) and my brother in law is my financial supporter. so showed over 1 crore in Bank balance, FDs property my brothers side of sponsorship letter.
since i just finished 12th in 2013 and havent enroll in any further study, i showed 1 year job experience in a 5 star Hotel as a cashier. i try to made a good and strong SOP from my online search and reading some good post from this forum.

So my how much is my chances r ???
since my brother & Bhabhi is a canadian citizen and he lives in Winnipeg, Canada will that be a positive point to my application or it will give a negative expression.
all advice and comment would be much appreciated. :) :) :)

vagg1987

Jun 18, 2014
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Ajay Kafle said:
Hello everyone, i apply paper application through VFS Kathmandu on 7 July. still waiting for good news.
My here is Profile
12th > 49.50 %
IELTS > L-8, R-5.5, W-6.5, S-6.5 Overall 6.5
Got acceptance Conditional letter from Red River College, Winnipeg Canada
Course < 2 Year Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management.
1 full year fee paid in advance.
My brother( in winnipeg, Canada) and my brother in law is my financial supporter. so showed over 1 crore in Bank balance, FDs property my brothers side of sponsorship letter.
since i just finished 12th in 2013 and havent enroll in any further study, i showed 1 year job experience in a 5 star Hotel as a cashier. i try to made a good and strong SOP from my online search and reading some good post from this forum.

So my how much is my chances r ???
since my brother & Bhabhi is a canadian citizen and he lives in Winnipeg, Canada will that be a positive point to my application or it will give a negative expression.
all advice and comment would be much appreciated. :) :) :)
Hi Ajay,

Your finances are really good, that should not be problem.

However, your percentage is less. This is a serious issue. You need to make strong SOP to support the course.

Diploma's visa are difficult to get. They need really good score. But, every case is different and even SOP plays a great role.

Also, bank statement is not a legitimate document. You need to show it as FDs. Real estate is not something by which you can woo them. You need 2 years of IT file or Form 16 of the people who are supporting you and FDs to show that you can take care of your expenses.

Don't write fancy stuff in SOP. The ultimate reason for SOP is to prove that you are a genuine student and will come back after the course. So, you need to show how this course will help you in your future in India.

I'll be frank. Your 12th mark is a spoiler, it takes over on almost everything. So, your only hope is course selection and strong SOP. 1 year experience in hotel does not justify the reason of course selection(telling you this by experience).

Think twice and see all possible options of courses.

And one more thing, your IELTS score is less. 5.5 in speaking is too low. If possible, prepare yourself again and then apply for jan 2015 intake.

All the above statements are considering that you might get a strict VO or your fate doesn't support you. There is always a hope. But, if I would have been at your position. I wouldn't take chances on hope. Because a rejection is rejection and it spoils your profile for future application in any country.

I hope this was helpful.