+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some advice from CEC applicants on medicals

philus

Oct 14, 2016
Hi All, Wondering if anyone with similar profile (below) has similar experience. I haven't heard from CIC since application was submitted on Aug 1 and I do not want to waste money to apply for TRV after I have already paid to extend my study permit in August. I have read that CEC is very slow but I was just wondering why my Medicals is saying you do not need a medical..... Does that mean I passed it?

Just need some advice from experienced people to inform my decision on applying for a TRV for my trip in January.

Regards!

Some info about me:
Medicals done before submitting application

Police certificates - all submitted before application. But resubmitted one twice owing to typo error from issuing country.

Married with two kids
Husband studying in Canada - and myself working
Husband has traveled to ~ 10 countries - mostly developed countries and on < 2 weeks trips for conferences/summer school. Has lived in a developed and a developing country other than own country for ~12 months - COULD THIS BE THE REASON FOR THE DELAY OR NO STATUS CHANGE?

PROFILE DETAILS
Application status - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. -

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents - The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.

Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
When is your AOR?

Your husband has more history, so it is reasonable that your application could go longer than normal. Since he needs to submit many pcc, and the cic needs to conduct many security check from different country, if he stays in each country for over 6 months.

philus

Oct 14, 2016
Thanks @tushya. AOR is August 1 this year.

He only lived in two countries for more than 6 months. Two of the countries he's lived are in developed countries: one is 3 months - which I didn't provide a police certificate for and another ~ 5 years and police cert has been sent. The other country he's lived for ~ 1 year is a developing country.

So, I only had to submit 3 police certs including one for my country of origin.

Other countries are 3 weeks maximum - and all developed countries.

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
Thanks @tushya. AOR is August 1 this year.

He only lived in two countries for more than 6 months. Two of the countries he's lived are in developed countries: one is 3 months - which I didn't provide a police certificate for and another ~ 5 years and police cert has been sent. The other country he's lived for ~ 1 year is a developing country.

So, I only had to submit 3 police certs including one for my country of origin.

Other countries are 3 weeks maximum - and all developed countries.
Has your husband ever lived in Canada? Since he applied cec so I assume he might have lived in Canada before? In this case, you might be asked for a Canadian pcc at a later time.

Binabik

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Canada
Just to answer your initial question: for now they have not checked out your medical results yet. When they do it, the status will change to "You passed the medical exam".

suvadeepg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Just a wor
Hi All, Wondering if anyone with similar profile (below) has similar experience. I haven't heard from CIC since application was submitted on Aug 1 and I do not want to waste money to apply for TRV after I have already paid to extend my study permit in August. I have read that CEC is very slow but I was just wondering why my Medicals is saying you do not need a medical..... Does that mean I passed it?

Just need some advice from experienced people to inform my decision on applying for a TRV for my trip in January.

Regards!

Some info about me:
Medicals done before submitting application

Police certificates - all submitted before application. But resubmitted one twice owing to typo error from issuing country.

Married with two kids
Husband studying in Canada - and myself working
Husband has traveled to ~ 10 countries - mostly developed countries and on < 2 weeks trips for conferences/summer school. Has lived in a developed and a developing country other than own country for ~12 months - COULD THIS BE THE REASON FOR THE DELAY OR NO STATUS CHANGE?

PROFILE DETAILS
Application status - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. -

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents - The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.

Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Medicals does show like that.. Just to iterate my story: My CEC application in Sep,2017 got rejected since I haven't submitted my medicals though it was written"You do not need a medical exam"... CEC is very tricky and couple of requirements got double meaning.