+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some advice for submitting application to bring my Colombian wife to Canada (Quebec).

pldagenais

Mar 13, 2017
Hi everyone,

My wife is from Colombia, she had a study visa for one year in Canada, her visa was about to expire, we requested an extension but got denied. We got married in April this year and she went back to her country in mid-June.

We filled all the documents for family sponsorship and sent the package, but after two months it got returned to us with very vague information on what's wrong / missing.

I'd like to know if there's any organism that can help me verify that all the documents are correct and that we're following the proper guidelines.

One of the issue is that we sent the request to the federal first filling these forms:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

When they returned the documents they seem to mention that we need to send a request to Quebec first for a QSC (Quebec selection certificate). But when I go to the Quebec selection certificate they mention that I must send the request to CIC first.

I'm getting desperate with this and I wanna make sure that when I send back the package, it doesn't get returned to me for some stupid mistakes. I'm not able to pay for a lawyer as my finance are limited right now. I'd like to know if there's any organism in Quebec / Montreal that can verify my documents and ensure that everything is on the up and up.

I would really appreciate any help,

Cheers,

Pierre-Luc Dagenais