+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need recommendation for my parents (visitor visa or super visa??)

sy3211

Jun 14, 2016
Hi

Please somebody help me what is the best way of extending my parents visitor visa which will expire soon.

I am in process of Parenting Sponsorship 2019, waiting for a file number.
My parents got in to Canada in Feb and they need to extend their visa.

I want to extend myself rather than hiring agent. I am not sure what is the best way for them to extend their visitor visa.

1. Do they just need to extend their visitor visa or do they need to apply for Super Visa in order to stay until they het PR?

2. If they apply just visitor visa, will it be only extended 6months?

3. What reason should I provided when They apply for the extension?

The current status will be expired Aug 1. So I need to decide quickly.

They havent extended their visitor visa and it is their first visit to Canada. I want then to stay with me until they get PR.

Due to some current circumstances of mine if it is safe enough and if it can be extended long, I want to go with just visitor visa extension so I dont need to buy insurance.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Well the answer to the super visa option is easy as that can only be applied for from outside Canada.

There is no set guarantee how long an extension to a visitor visa might be, it could be weeks it could be months. Only positive is once applied for they can stay until a decision is made so that could add a few months. Hiring an agent to process an extension would be a waste of money as it is not that complicated .