+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Information to Hire Workers on LMIA

Guriarora18

Jul 16, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I am a permanent resident(originally came as a student) in Canada and I just bought a Taxi Company in a small town in British Columbia.

I am looking to hire some workers for my company who can drive taxis. I am willing to get foreign workers on LMIA and then help them get their PR as well.

My concern is that the major requirement for this job is a Canadian, British Columbia Class 4 License. I am not sure how it would work. How can I hire someone who is not in canada yet and how can the person get the class 4 license as soon as they come so they can start working.

I have got great help from this forum during my Student to PR process. I really appreciate all the members of this forum for any suggestions they can give.

Thanks!!

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I am a permanent resident(originally came as a student) in Canada and I just bought a Taxi Company in a small town in British Columbia.

I am looking to hire some workers for my company who can drive taxis. I am willing to get foreign workers on LMIA and then help them get their PR as well.

My concern is that the major requirement for this job is a Canadian, British Columbia Class 4 License. I am not sure how it would work. How can I hire someone who is not in canada yet and how can the person get the class 4 license as soon as they come so they can start working.

I have got great help from this forum during my Student to PR process. I really appreciate all the members of this forum for any suggestions they can give.

Thanks!!
I just got class 5 license and I want class 4 license, they said class 4 license I can apply after at least 1 year so can’t apply directly class 4 license in British Columbia

Guriarora18

Jul 16, 2020
I just got class 5 license and I want class 4 license, they said class 4 license I can apply after at least 1 year so can’t apply directly class 4 license in British Columbia
Yes. When I got mine, they told me I need atleast 3 years of non learner's experience. Which can be my home Country's(India) license experience + Class 7 + Class 5.

One of my friend had to get his driver's abstract from India in order to prove his 3 years non-learners experience.

Last edited:

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Yes. When I got mine, they told me I need atleast 3 years of non learner's experience. Which can be my home Country's(India) license experience + Class 7 + Class 5.

One of my friend had to get his driver's abstract from in order to prove his 3 years non-learners experience.
I had 12 years experience but still they said I can’t apply directly class 4 , must need at least one year after class 5

Reactions: Guriarora18

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Your going to need to prove there are no Canadians or PR capable of doing the job....likely a tall order for a taxi driver.

Last edited: