+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need information on part time job offer

Jedi_Returns

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
Hi there,

I'm currently working in an organisation in my home country as a data science manager. I've also enrolled for a program in Canada starting from September. My current organisation has an office in Toronto. They are considering to give me an offer of part time employment. Are there things that I need to keep in mind while accepting the offer? I don't want to jeopardize any chances of getting a pr in the future. The only thing that I could find is that the employment should be lesser than or equal to 20 hours. Is there any thing else I should be careful of like average pay/insurance etc.? Would appreciate any help from you guys.

Thank you!

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
It needs to be clear in your application and other dealings with immigration officials that your primary purpose in coming to Canada is to study and you won't work more than 20 hours per week while classes are in session. I wouldn't volunteer that you have a job offer if you're not asked.

Reactions: Jedi_Returns

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As above would focus your application for a study permit on study and avoid any mention in the unlikely event you are asked of any job offer in Canada. In fact I would maybe suggest that you do not accept any offer in advance until you have arrived in Canada and taken up your study permit, cannot work anyway until classes start, Note that any work experience whilst studying in Canada cannot be counted in any future PR application.

Reactions: Jedi_Returns

Jedi_Returns

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
As above would focus your application for a study permit on study and avoid any mention in the unlikely event you are asked of any job offer in Canada. In fact I would maybe suggest that you do not accept any offer in advance until you have arrived in Canada and taken up your study permit, cannot work anyway until classes start, Note that any work experience whilst studying in Canada cannot be counted in any future PR application.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll accept the offer only after my classes start. Yes, I understand that the experience won't be counted as valid for PR application. Thanks! :)