need information about previous job

samkor

Star Member
May 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,
i am new at this forum.
i am going to apply on 4131(College and Other Vocational Instructors.)
i am mechanical engineer with 6 yrs of experience.
i have changed two job during my carrier.
my first job was as mechanical instructor in one small scale company for one year and 4 years as a Maintenance executive.
now i am working as a Design engineer.
i want to know when we put file Canadian immigration can check all my employers.
because i am not sure about my first employer. whether it is still running or wind up.
so, if they checked for that and find no reply what happens?
can my file will reject?
please help me out regarding this situation.

Many thanks in advance

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

If you are applying on the basis of your current job experience then i dont think its going to be a problem because if you dont tell CIC about your previous employment they wont be able to find out where you worked but i think they might ask you that what you have been doing in that period like were you unemployed, studying or anything else.

Regards
Saki

samkor

Star Member
May 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Saki,
thanks for your reply.
but up to my information Mechanical engineer is not included in 38 occupation list.
but 4131(College and Other Vocational Instructors.) is in occupation list.
so, for applying Federal Immigration i think i must mentioned my exp. as Instructor.
am i right?
if i apply as on my current role which is design engineer is it ok for federal immigration?
please remove my confusion.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samkor said:
Dear Saki,
thanks for your reply.
but up to my information Mechanical engineer is not included in 38 occupation list.
but 4131(College and Other Vocational Instructors.) is in occupation list.
so, for applying Federal Immigration i think i must mentioned my exp. as Instructor.
am i right?
if i apply as on my current role which is design engineer is it ok for federal immigration?
please remove my confusion.
If you have performed 70% of the duties listed below than you can apply under NOC 4131

Main duties

College and other vocational instructors perform some or all of the following duties:
•Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, laboratory work, shop sessions, seminars, case studies, field assignments and independent or group projects
•Develop curriculum and prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses
•Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students' progress
•Advise students on program curricula and career decisions
•Provide individualized tutorial/remedial instructions
•Supervise independent or group projects, field placements, laboratory work or hands-on training
•Supervise teaching assistants
•May provide consultation services to government, business and other organizations
•May serve on committees concerned with matters such as budgets, curriculum revision, and course and diploma requirements.
•These instructors specialize in particular fields or areas of study such as visual arts, dental hygiene, welding, engineering technology, policing, computer software, management and early childhood education.

Regards
Saki

samkor

Star Member
May 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks ....
but during my career i have only one years of Teaching Exp.
and i am also not sure that Employer is still running or not.
so, i want to know if i will not show that exp. and try to put file on my recent Experience. is it possible to eligible for Federal PR?(recently i ma working as Design Engineer)

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samkor said:
thanks ....
but during my career i have only one years of Teaching Exp.
and i am also not sure that Employer is still running or not.
so, i want to know if i will not show that exp. and try to put file on my recent Experience. is it possible to eligible for Federal PR?(recently i ma working as Design Engineer)
If you had a 1yr full time work experience in the past 10 years then you can apply under NOC 4131. You will have to show the proofs that you were teaching there and its closed now. As a design engineer you cannot apply under 4131 as its only for College and Vocational Teacher plus i dont think you fall in FSW list.

Regards
Saki

samkor

Star Member
May 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks saki,
i have Exp. certificate for Teaching Exp.
but i dont want to take any risk as i am not sure about Employer.
so, can you suggest me another way for Immigration?
means if you have any idea please suggest me and if you know any PNP suit for my qualification. :)

MRS INDIAN

Jun 7, 2010
4131 college lecturer

hi there
i m new to the forum, i m planning to apply for canada skilled under list 38 in noc 4131.i have done m.com <masters in commerce>from india n have got experience of 4 years as a teaching lecturer in a college n one year experience as a teaching assistant, want to know that
i m not working at the moment in the college , will that make a difference ?
if i score less in any of the modules , then will that make a difference?
is it necessary to gain 7.5in listening ,6.5 in speaking,6.5 in writing, 6.5 in reading
how much do i need to score in ielts ,
what format shud i use to mention the duties, ]
can anyone give me the format, as duties are mentioned in the website, but how do v write it
pl share me ur experiences n suggestions, how long does it take for the embassy to let us the know abt our case,
pl advice,
thanx
ria