+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need info regarding PGWP and SOWP extension

Nov 4, 2019
Hi All..Hope you are doing good.

We will be applying my spouse's PGWP in next month, and my SOWP extension as well. So here are my questions:
1. Can we apply both PGWP + SOWP extension together? If yes, how to do that?
2. What are the required documents for PGWP?
3. What are the required documents for SOWP extension?
4. Do we need to show any funds proof? If yes, how much do we need to show?

Thanks in advance.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi All..Hope you are doing good.

We will be applying my spouse's PGWP in next month, and my SOWP extension as well. So here are my questions:
1. Can we apply both PGWP + SOWP extension together? If yes, how to do that? Yes apply using your GC Key online
2. What are the required documents for PGWP? Refer the the canada.ca site. Your transcript & course completion certificate are a must among others as mentoined. answer the checklist to get your doc checklist on GC KEY
3. What are the required documents for SOWP extension? your PGWP is a must for a start however if you are applying together then show your employment info
4. Do we need to show any funds proof? If yes, how much do we need to show? you can show your current standing and income

Good luck pavan

Thanks in advance.

Nov 4, 2019
Thank you. We will apply immediately when my wife receives her transcripts. By that time she will not be having any job offers. So are we going to get any time to submit offer letter and payslips?
And how can I submit my job info? In which section do I need to upload the respective do s?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Thank you. We will apply immediately when my wife receives her transcripts. By that time she will not be having any job offers. So are we going to get any time to submit offer letter and payslips? You do not need those for a PGWP
And how can I submit my job info? In which section do I need to upload the respective do s? Answer your SOWP checklist and you will see slots for those docments in your application

Nov 4, 2019
But, to get my SOWP extension approval, we need to provide primary applicant's offer letter and pay stubs right. How many days are we going to get to submit those?

Nov 4, 2019
We submitted online application for my wife's PGWP only, and planning to submit my SOWP extension after a month. I have few questions and can you please clarify these:
1. By the time when I submit my SOWP extension, if my wife did not get her job, what will happen in this scenario? Am I going to get some time to submit her job offer documents?
2. Can we go for flagpole now? What will happen now or in future if we go for flagpole? Will there be any issues with it?
3. What will happen if we go for flagpoling after my wife receives her implied status?

Last edited:

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
We submitted online application for my wife's PGWP only, and planning to submit my SOWP extension after a month. I have few questions and can you please clarify these:
1. By the time when I submit my SOWP extension, if my wife did not get her job, what will happen in this scenario? Am I going to get some time to submit her job offer documents? Spouse of a PGWP applicant/Holder has specific SOWP conditions https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/open-work-permit-spouses-dependent-children.html

2. Can we go for flagpole now? What will happen now or in future if we go for flagpole? Will there be any issues with it? If you have a valid TRV you can flagpole & provide the reason - There is no guarantee and you may be asked to apply online too based on what the visa officer feels
3. What will happen if we go for flagpoling after my wife receives her implied status? Unable to understand your question

richap27

Sep 5, 2023
1. Is it necessary to provide client information and upload job offer and pay stubs of spouse while applying pgwp and sowp together?
2. If we apply sowp after i get my pgwp , do i still need to show job offer letter and pay slips of spouses?