+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need info on pcc

sri012015

Jan 1, 2015
Hi ,

I have few doubts regarding pcc anyone having idea on those plz help me

1. In context to India I saw that pcc can be obtained in 2 ways from commissioner office n passport office. Which one would be required for Canada immigration? I read that it varies from country to country immigration, so hw is that for canada?

2. The other is I was working in Pune from past three years n before that i was in Hyderabad for 8 yrs n my school education was again in 2 other cities . Do i need ti get them all for PCC?

I am really confused can someone help me?

Thanks.

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Only one PCC per country.
Canada doesn't need your PCC (as you are going there) unless they explicitly ask for it.

sri012015

Jan 1, 2015
Jkal said:
Only one PCC per country.
Canada doesn't need your PCC (as you are going there) unless they explicitly ask for it.
Ok but i read somewhere in forum that if u live in a place for more than 6months u need a pcc , so is it that mean live in different countries u need to get it n if same country u jus need one for all?am i right?

And as you said canada doesn't need ur PCC but once a fsw process is strted v need to provide them ,isn't? So i am speaking of that scenario.

squashskills

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
sri012015 said:
Ok but i read somewhere in forum that if u live in a place for more than 6months u need a pcc , so is it that mean live in different countries u need to get it n if same country u jus need one for all?am i right?

And as you said canada doesn't need ur PCC but once a fsw process is strted v need to provide them ,isn't? So i am speaking of that scenario.
PCC for your stay in India--- you can get from passport office.This is comparatively hassle free.
PCC is required from all the countries where you lived for at least 6 months.

sri012015

Jan 1, 2015
squashskills said:
PCC for your stay in India--- you can get from passport office.This is comparatively hassle free.
PCC is required from all the countries where you lived for at least 6 months.
Thanks,

And another question

I was issued passport from one state n i live now in a different state. So which passport office should i approach?

ajayav

Feb 4, 2013
Hi,

I think it is best that you can take the PCC from your place of residence. In my case, I got my PCC from Kolkata though my passport was from Hyderabad. I got the PCC from the Kolkata PSK.

Hope this helps.

sri012015

Jan 1, 2015
ajayav said:
Hi,

I think it is best that you can take the PCC from your place of residence. In my case, I got my PCC from Kolkata though my passport was from Hyderabad. I got the PCC from the Kolkata PSK.

Hope this helps.
Ohh is it? Could you plz tell me the process u followed? And how long it would take to get it?

ajayav

Feb 4, 2013
Hi,

My wife and I both took our PCCs from Kolkata. Her passport was issued in Cochin. We got an appointment for her online (an agent did this part for me and I paid him 500 per head). An appointment was given and we reached at the appointed time. She got her PCC without any trouble but when I went the next day to get mine (I took the appointment the same way described above), they said I should take the PCC from Hyderabad since my passport was issued there. Got into an argument with the lady there and finally went to the asst. passport officer and spoke to him. He said I could take the PCC from any PSK and so I went back and started the process. Gave them my passport and they did some checks online as well as with my documents and then sent me to the next section. The official there gave me a printout of the PCC (much more professional looking document than the one that is issued from the commissioner's office!!!) and stamped my passport with a seal that said PCC issued for Canada. That's it. It doesn't take too long and you normally don't have to run around at all. It can be done in around 2 hours and is a fairly hassle free process.

Hope this helps.

sri012015

Jan 1, 2015
ajayav said:
Hi,

My wife and I both took our PCCs from Kolkata. Her passport was issued in Cochin. We got an appointment for her online (an agent did this part for me and I paid him 500 per head). An appointment was given and we reached at the appointed time. She got her PCC without any trouble but when I went the next day to get mine (I took the appointment the same way described above), they said I should take the PCC from Hyderabad since my passport was issued there. Got into an argument with the lady there and finally went to the asst. passport officer and spoke to him. He said I could take the PCC from any PSK and so I went back and started the process. Gave them my passport and they did some checks online as well as with my documents and then sent me to the next section. The official there gave me a printout of the PCC (much more professional looking document than the one that is issued from the commissioner's office!!!) and stamped my passport with a seal that said PCC issued for Canada. That's it. It doesn't take too long and you normally don't have to run around at all. It can be done in around 2 hours and is a fairly hassle free process.

Hope this helps.
Sounds great and thanks a lot for the quick repky..