+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need info on bank statements for H1B holder

optforms

Oct 16, 2018
Atlanta, USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

First of all I would like to thank everyone who is sharing the information.

I recently received the ITA for canada PR and one of the required document is Proof of Funds. I am a H1B holder in USA and has two bank accounts, one with Chase and the other with DCU.

As of now my salary account is Chase and I always use DCU to park all my money.

My question is:

Do, I need to provide Proof of funds statements from both the banks or is it ok to submit DCU statements only for the proof of funds.

I have some funds in India as well. Can i show those funds in addition to funds available in USA. The reason is my USA funds alone may not be enough to required amount at this moment. Can someone help me in this regard.

Thanks and Regards,

Takentaken421

Aug 30, 2018
Yes you can show multiple accounts including USA and India. Bank statements alone will not be enough as POF. You will need a signed bank letter showing all details required by CIC.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Yes. You can show funds from account in USA and India.

For US banks, you just need to send print out of monthly statements. For Indian banks, you might want to send a letter from bank along with monthly statements.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
See how much money you need to show here. Note that it is in CAD.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

If one bank account contains all the necessary money, only provide a letter from that bank. The above link also has information about contents of the letter. If the necessary funds are in multiple banks, provide a letter from each on of them.
The link mentions that all loan accounts should also be mentioned, so if you bank includes information about loan accounts in the letter, that's fine. If they don't include that information, that's also fine.

If the amount in USD or INR is close the required amount in CAD at current exchange rates, it is better to add another account so that the amount is well over the required minimum because exchange rates can change when your application is adjudicated.

Statements are supporting evidence to show that the money is not recently transferred into the account and has been sitting there for some time or obtained from a regular source such as salary.

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
See how much money you need to show here. Note that it is in CAD.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

If one bank account contains all the necessary money, only provide a letter from that bank. The above link also has information about contents of the letter. If the necessary funds are in multiple banks, provide a letter from each on of them.
The link mentions that all loan accounts should also be mentioned, so if you bank includes information about loan accounts in the letter, that's fine. If they don't include that information, that's also fine.

If the amount in USD or INR is close the required amount in CAD at current exchange rates, it is better to add another account so that the amount is well over the required minimum because exchange rates can change when your application is adjudicated.

Statements are supporting evidence to show that the money is not recently transferred into the account and has been sitting there for some time or obtained from a regular source such as salary.
I got letter from chase bank mentioning all details except my car loan ..do they need to mention my car loan amount which is roughly 300$per month?
Thanks in advance