+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Info. on Alberta

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends on the job. I just moved myself to Edmonton from Michigan. Wherw woudl you be working or do you have to look for a job?

Calgary is about 35% bigger city than edmonton in terms of population. Oil INdustry is booming in Calgary.

toledo

Star Member
Apr 21, 2008
ecs said:
It depends on the job. I just moved myself to Edmonton from Michigan. Wherw woudl you be working or do you have to look for a job?

Calgary is about 35% bigger city than edmonton in terms of population. Oil INdustry is booming in Calgary.
How about IT-related jobs, in Edmonton and/or Calgary? Would you be able to comment on that?

thefairy

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
voided
LANDED..........
april the 4th 2009
I have to disagree. I live in Calgary and it's beautiful but the economy isn't booming anymore. As a matter of fact more people is living Calgary and relocating to other provinces as the economic boom is gone, at least for now.
I like the NW part of the city, not the NE so much.

thefairy

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
voided
LANDED..........
april the 4th 2009
Oops . I meant "leaving" not living.. Hate auto-spelling

MGG

Dec 28, 2009
thefairy said:
I have to disagree. I live in Calgary and it's beautiful but the economy isn't booming anymore. As a matter of fact more people is living Calgary and relocating to other provinces as the economic boom is gone, at least for now.
I like the NW part of the city, not the NE so much.
But you would say that for people with stable income the city is Ok to live in. is not a rundown city that people just leaving because is no life, no business, houses vandalize and abandon.Is NE safe to live..

CARWIN

Dec 4, 2008
But you would say that for people with stable income the city is Ok to live in. is not a rundown city that people just leaving because is no life, no business, houses vandalize and abandon.Is NE safe to live..

[/quote]
NOTHING WRONG WITH CALGARY THERE ARE TWO MILLION PLUS PEOPLE CITIES IN ALBERTA EDMONTON AND CALGARY THEY ARE SIMILAR JOBWISE HERE IS A WEBSITE THAT EMPLOYERS USE IN CANADA FOR WHOLE COUNTRY YOU CAN LOOK FOR SPECIFIC JOBS IN YOUR AREA OF EXPERTISE. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CALGARY AND EDMONTON IS MINIMAL CALGARY IS 200 KM CLOSER TO THE STATES IT IS A HUB AIRPORT AND IS ONLY ABOUT 100K FROM MOUNTAINS IF YOU LIKE TO SKI. EDMONTON IS FURTHER NORTH A LITTLE BIT COLDER BUT THE CITY HAS A GREAT SPIRIT AND IS THE CAPITAL OF ALBERTA. CALGARY IS A LITTLE MORE EXPENSIVE THAN EDMONTON REAL ESTATE WISE BECAUSE THE DEMAND IS A LITTLE HIGHER.
I DONT KNOW WHAT KIND OF WORK YOU DO IF YOU PLAN ON WORKING IN THE OIL PATCH OR IN NORTHERN ALBERTA AND BEING AWAY FROM HOME ALOT THEN EDMONTON IS CLOSER TO THAT KIND OF WORK., IF YOU ARE STRICTLY A 9 TO 5 KIND OF PERSON THEN CALGARY MAY BE BETTER. JUST BE WARNED IN ALBERTA WE WORK HARD AND LONG HOURS TO GET AHEAD. THERE ARE LOTS OF OPPORTUNITIES HERE BUT IS BEST FIND WORK WITH ALOT OF OVERTIME. I AM 58 AND I WORKED AN AVERAGE OF 65 HOURS A WEEK FOR 6 MONTHS AND THE FIRST TWO OF THOSE HAD LIMITED OVERTIME. YOU NEED TO WORK LIKE THAT TO GET AHEAD. HERE IS THE WEBSITE FOR JOBS IN CANADA
www DOT jobbank DOT gc DOT ca/
THIS IS THE JOB BANK ATTACHED TO EMPLOYMENT INSURANCE HERE IN CANADA
THERE ARE MANY LIKE THAT
GOOD LUCK
CARWIN